Yellow Tang laying against back of glass and on Sand

larsccameron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my yellow tang has been eating fine for a while now and all of a sudden last night he was in between the rock hiding and now today he has been laying down against the back of the tank and in the sand and will swim straight against the glass. He has been eating green algae brine shrimp and has been happy and full from the looks of it before. I have a 55 gallon aquarium and the fish in this tank is 2 small clownfish, dwarf flame angelfish, christmas wrasse, diamond back goby and a watchman goby. All the fish get a long but the yellow tang will try to block the angelfish, wrasse and will also go after the goby’s. I got seaweed on the the back and he wont eat it. Not sure what to do.

image.jpg image.jpg

Sailfin11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! How long have you had your yellow tang for, is it a new fish? Based on the picture he does a look a little sickly, but sometimes they just lose color during the night.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my yellow tang has been eating fine for a while now and all of a sudden last night he was in between the rock hiding and now today he has been laying down against the back of the tank and in the sand and will swim straight against the glass. He has been eating green algae brine shrimp and has been happy and full from the looks of it before. I have a 55 gallon aquarium and the fish in this tank is 2 small clownfish, dwarf flame angelfish, christmas wrasse, diamond back goby and a watchman goby. All the fish get a long but the yellow tang will try to block the angelfish, wrasse and will also go after the goby’s. I got seaweed on the the back and he wont eat it. Not sure what to do.

image.jpg image.jpg
Doesn’t look good. Shouldn’t be on sand. His color looks pale and belly looks pinched. How are your params?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back