Yellow tang pooping strings

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed my yellow tang pooping white strings and wondering about soaking food in GC. Do I soak food for every meal and how many days?

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good plan. Feed at least twice a day for 10-14 days. Meds are very slow acting on fish.
I've been feeding three times a day for five days now and don't see any more strings but his stomach is a little deformed. I'll keep it up for another week thanks again!!

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take a mysis block and let it dissolve then add the metroplex + focus and mix it up with the dissolved block then I put it in a ziplock baggie lying flat and refreeze. Then I break off a piece at feeding time to save on time and waste.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been feeding three times a day for five days now and don't see any more strings but his stomach is a little deformed. I'll keep it up for another week thanks again!!
So its tummy is sunken in a bit? OK to feed other foods during the treatment to fatten it up.

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes a dose of plain USP Epsom salts will help the fish expel dead worms while treating. One tablespoon per five gallons of tank water. Can dose twice.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes a dose of plain USP Epsom salts will help the fish expel dead worms while treating. One tablespoon per five gallons of tank water. Can dose twice.
I'm using the food soak method I got here focus, GC, fish V, garlic and a pinch of epsom salt.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take a mysis block and let it dissolve then add the metroplex + focus and mix it up with the dissolved block then I put it in a ziplock baggie lying flat and refreeze. Then I break off a piece at feeding time to save on time and waste.
Yeah I would like to save some time premixing food. How much food to a full packet of GC? I'm using mysis cubes and brine shrimp. I need about ten more days of soaked food. So will one packet of GC be enough for twenty cubes and some brine shrimp?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much GC is safe to use when mixed with focus daily in a 120 gallon reef?
That's a great question. The idea is to feed just enough so the fish consume most of the food/GC mix, and use a turkey baster to remove as much uneaten food as possible. So feeding in small amounts is the best method. The prazi in GC is usually not a problem, but the metro can be problematic.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great question. The idea is to feed just enough so the fish consume most of the food/GC mix, and use a turkey baster to remove as much uneaten food as possible. So feeding in small amounts is the best method. The prazi in GC is usually not a problem, but the metro can be problematic.
I also have PraziPro. I didn't find any exact mixing directions so I haven't used it. Is ok to mix the two medications together? Or switch use one every other day? How many drops per cube of mysis?

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have PraziPro. I didn't find any exact mixing directions so I haven't used it. Is ok to mix the two medications together? Or switch use one every other day? How many drops per cube of mysis?
You should just stick with using the GC, it has praziquental and metronidazole. The prazipro is best to use in the water column to treat things like flukes

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back