Yellow tang with eye infection

Sprinting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have my yellow tang on day 10 of copper at 2.5. Did a water change on Sunday. Noticed this today. When the lights were on, He was sitting in a corner of the tank with the good eye facing out. I took a picture later after lights out when he swam with his bad eye shown in the picture. I’m wondering if the purple tang got him in the eye.

Is there a preferred medication that’s also safe during copper power treatment?

One eye looks normal. Please let me know if you need any more info. Thank you all for any advice.

07A1E628-0976-41EA-AB10-16E8D81F2C29.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I Have my yellow tang on day 10 of copper at 2.5. Did a water change on Sunday. Noticed this today. When the lights were on, He was sitting in a corner of the tank with the good eye facing out. I took a picture later after lights out when he swam with his bad eye shown in the picture. I’m wondering if the purple tang got him in the eye.

Is there a preferred medication that’s also safe during copper power treatment?

One eye looks normal. Please let me know if you need any more info. Thank you all for any advice.

07A1E628-0976-41EA-AB10-16E8D81F2C29.jpeg
Good chance this derived from a scratch or injury and treatment in a separate quarantine setting using ethromyacin (Maracyn) should help it heal
Add aeration during treatment

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is maracyn oxy different? Doesn’t seem to have erythromycin.

'Yes that is different. You want "Maracyn", sometimes called Maracyn 1.

However, there may be an issue. I just checked Amazon and didn't see it listed, just Mar-oxy and Maracyn 2.

jay

OP
OP
S

Sprinting

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate you looking into it. I did find it at my local store after not finding it on Amazon.

I’ve quarantined quite a few fish in my stock tank and I’m worried that if I take this one yellow tang out to treat and put it back, the purple tang that originally cut him will continue to bully him more. How likely will this heal on its own or is it pretty important that I separate and treat?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate you looking into it. I did find it at my local store after not finding it on Amazon.

I’ve quarantined quite a few fish in my stock tank and I’m worried that if I take this one yellow tang out to treat and put it back, the purple tang that originally cut him will continue to bully him more. How likely will this heal on its own or is it pretty important that I separate and treat?
I’ve found that eye issues often heal on their own, but erythromycin just helps a bit.
Jay

Back