Yellow Tang with White Strip

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow tang in QT right now and I'm doing TTM. This morning was the first transfer and the start of Prazipro. I was gone all day and came home tonight to find the Yellow tang acting normal but has a white strip on both sides. Can someone tell me if something is wrong or what is going on. I have a purple tang and a yellow eyed kole in QT and they look good with the start of Prazi.
IMG_1588.JPG

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree I think it's normal. My yellow tang has them as well and been in my display for over 11 months.
f7ba9fe49600948c8917528829c221b9.jpg

OP
OP
FireEMT

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats good to hear that other people have seen the same thing. Does anyone know what causes it?

njtiger aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that my tangs colors are pal when the lights are off. So my yellow tang isn't as yellow and I really see the white line down the body. As the lights come on they color up and I no longer see the white line. Not sure what they are but I'm figuring it something to do with their body.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, you'll sometimes see the white horizontal line at night or when the lights first come on. It also can be a sign of stress; in your case probably because he doesn't like praziquantel in the water. Either way, he'll be fine. :)

bigkamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about a powder brown at the tail? I started a new thread to ask about this just now... looks like he scratch him self darting thru the caves
82DF83A2-3267-4322-A98C-04AAECA2E7B8.jpeg

crabgrass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned above, you'll sometimes see the white horizontal line at night or when the lights first come on. It also can be a sign of stress; in your case probably because he doesn't like praziquantel in the water. Either way, he'll be fine. :)
What an amazing forum. Almost 8 years later, I wake up to see my yellow tang in the same state — big white stripe on both sides (never saw it before). Panicked. Read this post and relaxed.

They are now moving around fine.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back