OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignore all the food I just tried an hour ago... Doing a water change tonight. Just finishing heating the water

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with above that GC can suppress appetite. I’m sorry but it appears to have advance stages of weight loss and likely has resulting metabolic derangements and organ failure at this point. You can try water change and carbon to remove meds with understanding that theres not a high chance of success since it hasn’t eaten yet. You have done an excellent job with your QT, feeding attempts and meds.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hes definitely going to die. I am changing water now and he doesn't even try and run. Just floats there. I think I'm going to try the pipette and feed him.

JCM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems there isn't much to lose at this point. You did everything right, sometimes it just doesn't work out

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seemed like anything we got into his mouth he spit right back out as soon as we let him go

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear lord, is that uneaten food just scattered on the bottom. You are polluting the tank with throwing everything at it. Turn lights off, do a massive WC, go to livefoods, doing a lot of hoping/praying

Im not polluting the tank at all... I change the water and suck all that crap out after. Of course I am going to try anything, he hasn't eaten a single thing since ive got him. He doesn't have the strength at all at this point to even catch live food. He's completely ignored everything ive thrown in there. Including live black worms and live mysis. When the fish looks as bad is him, ill gladly pollute the tank for an hour or two to see if he eats.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not polluting the tank at all... I change the water and suck all that crap out after. Of course I am going to try anything, he hasn't eaten a single thing since ive got him. He doesn't have the strength at all at this point to even catch live food. He's completely ignored everything ive thrown in there. Including live black worms and live mysis.
You're in panick mode bc it hasn't eaten fir 3 days, so you throw the kitchen sink at it.

Ive gone 7+ days with fish not eating bc its acclimating. Have i had fish starve to death, yeap. Chalk it upto the changes were just too much for the lil guy.

But throwing up-teen food choices at it is counter-productive IMO IME.

Id stick with live blackworms in very small amts.

It either going to come around and eat,

or

It's so shaken up that it will die.

IMO throwing up-teen foods at it is shaken its acclimation into near complete failure.

Just sayin.....

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're in panick mode bc it hasn't eaten fir 3 days, so you throw the kitchen sink at it.

Ive gone 7+ days with fish not eating bc its acclimating. Have i had fish starve to death, yeap. Chalk it upto the changes were just too much for the lil guy. But throwing up-teen food choices at it is counter-productive IMO IME.

Id stick with live blackworms in very small amts.

It either going to come around and eat,or so shaken up that it will die.

IMO throwing up-teen foods at it is shaken its acclimation into near complete failure.

Just sayin.....

Its been well longer than 3 days... Its emaciated, not just a pinched stomach. You can see his ribs, his stomach is sucked in, he's getting HLLE from the no food and can barely swim. 11 years of doing this and ive never had a fish actually starve to death because it refused to eat. They always come around especially when I feed live black worms

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its been well longer than 3 days... Its emaciated, not just a pinched stomach. You can see his ribs, his stomach is sucked in, he's getting HLLE from the no food and can barely swim. 11 years of doing this and ive never had a fish actually starve to death because it refused to eat. They always come around especially when I feed live black worms
I wish you all the best getting things turned around. Im just saying to make the environment as calm as possible. No lights, keep trying live blackworms in small amts. Ride it out with blackworms until one if two things happen.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's too bad.
Even if he kept in forced feeding at this point I would be surprised if he makes it.
I hate seeing it.

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry man, wasn’t anything you did. The store probably knew it too. I have 2 biota YT they come small but feed vigorously as soon as they’re thrown in the tank and grow fast. Keep in QT tank for couple months till they grow some and they’re good to go for DT. Also I’m sure you’ll never get a fish without seeing it eat first again.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry man, wasn’t anything you did. The store probably knew it too. I have 2 biota YT they come small but feed vigorously as soon as they’re thrown in the tank and grow fast. Keep in QT tank for couple months till they grow some and they’re good to go for DT. Also I’m sure you’ll never get a fish without seeing it eat first again.
How big has he grown? I was looking at the captive breed on TSM but im incredibly nervous adding him to an already established 3inch yellow and around 3inch purple.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back