Yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp pair

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a yellow watchman goby and tiger pistol shrimp from live aquaria and they’re only able to ship the tiger pistol shrimp first since the yellow watchman goby for some reason can’t be shipped right now. If I add the shrimp now and then add goby a week or so after will they still pair up just fine?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should pair up. Is this are large tank?

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine than. Shrimp will probably burrow and molt after introduction. Then the fun starts, enjoy they are fun to watch.
Frags in the sand will never be safe again lol.

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine than. Shrimp will probably burrow and molt after introduction. Then the fun starts, enjoy they are fun to watch.
Frags in the sand will never be safe again lol.
Yeah I don’t plan on putting frags in sand now lol but yeah so the shrimp will be fine on his own and then say a week or two go by and I finally get the yellow watchman they both should find each other and pair? Also is there really even a time frame where the shrimp just won’t pair with the goby or something

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only experience with a YWG, and a tiger pistol was in a 29. They will do what comes naturally. I would introduce each with lights out initially.

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My only experience with a YWG, and a tiger pistol was in a 29. They will do what comes naturally. I would introduce each with lights out initially.
How long should I keep lights off when I put them in tank?

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine! I introduced a tiger pistol shrimp to my YWG after having the YWG for 2 weeks they paired in a few days and disappeared for 2 weeks due to the shrimp molting.

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be fine! I introduced a tiger pistol shrimp to my YWG after having the YWG for 2 weeks they paired in a few days and disappeared for 2 weeks due to the shrimp molting.
Where did u get your YWG from

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can, make a small cave and once he is acclimated slide him into the cave with a gravel vac tube and he might stay. This worked for me on a few different Biocubes

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my YWG from LiveAquaria and the tiger pistol shrimp from LFS.
Did the ywg ship instantly from LA? Or did they say something about having to wait? Cause I ordered mine and it says in stock but I got an email about the shrimp shipping but not YWG right now :/ even though it says in stock

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did the ywg ship instantly from LA? Or did they say something about having to wait? Cause I ordered mine and it says in stock but I got an email about the shrimp shipping but not YWG right now :/ even though it says in stock
It seems like shipping is very inconsistent nowadays with all the covid stuff going on. I believe when I ordered mine it was in stock and then it said it wasn’t it got delayed one day and shipped the next day. You should be good! Give them a call they’re pretty good with answering the phone and keeping you informed :)

OP
OP
H

Hetts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems like shipping is very inconsistent nowadays with all the covid stuff going on. I believe when I ordered mine it was in stock and then it said it wasn’t it got delayed one day and shipped the next day. You should be good! Give them a call they’re pretty good with answering the phone and keeping you informed :)
sounds good! I just get anxious with this stuff cause this whole hobby is so expensive and I try to research and get things at right times so it all runs smoothly!

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds good! I just get anxious with this stuff cause this whole hobby is so expensive and I try to research and get things at right times so it all runs smoothly!
Right there with ya man! That’s what makes this hobby so satisfying when everything goes well! When you work so hard to build and maintain something and to see it excel is one of the best feelings ever. Look forward to seeing updates on your tank in the future.

cdunn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right there with ya man! That’s what makes this hobby so satisfying when everything goes well! When you work so hard to build and maintain something and to see it excel is one of the best feelings ever. Look forward to seeing updates on your tank in the future.
my pistol shrimp has a liking for blue leg crabs , have seen him twice now grab 1 and drag it into his cave system and start cracking

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my pistol shrimp has a liking for blue leg crabs , have seen him twice now grab 1 and drag it into his cave system and start cracking
lol that’s hilarious! To be honest I’m dying for some action like that to occur in my tank I know not everyone feels that way :D

Regular_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tiger shrimp built a pretty intricate tunnel system for my goby but he has been mia, hopefully one day I catch a glimpse of him again. Luckily my goby picked the burrow under a rock I the front of my display just under a finger leather so at least he can be seen from time to time

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back