Yellow Watchmen Goby

kbsharp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

So my tank has been cycling for over a month now and i decided to get a Watchmen Goby and Nassarius Snail, so i drip acclimate for about an hour added the Goby and Snail. The Snail (Mr. Gary) is doing awesome and has been active since day 1 and not shy at all, however my goby quickly found a cave and hardly even moves sometime i think he is dead. I see the goby in a different position in the cave so I know he is alive. I fed the next day after getting him and he doesn't come out to eat but Mr. Gary does.

After day 3 i woke up and did my usual check i looked in the tank and only saw Mr. Gary and no goby, i was freaking out and looked in the sump literally everywhere, in the meanwhile i was preparing a day before one new batch of saltwater for a water change and i keep that right next to the tank because i use the second heater i have in the sump to heat it up. And guess what .... The goby had jumped from my tank and landed in my new mix of Saltwater!!!!! what the heck .... I have read they jump so i put a glass cover on the top but has a gap of literally 1cm of which I doubted the Goby would ever do, I was wrong.

Now just thought i would share my crazy story but i would like to know would it hide for this long ?? and its day 5 now i guess the E.T move to the bucket of fresh saltwater didn't help but is there anything I can do to help the Goby or do i wait it out?

Thanks and ill go take a pic just to show you how close the gap was that it landed in the bucket !!!

20200525_155331.jpg

OP
OP
K

kbsharp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a YWG in one of my tanks, he hide for about 2 weeks. I also added a pistol shrimp and they have a burrow that they spend most of their time in.
Did he eat at all? I wanted to get a pistol shrimp but i think the fire shrimp looks amazing so I'm undecided between fire shrimp or pistol shrimp

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did he eat at all? I wanted to get a pistol shrimp but i think the fire shrimp looks amazing so I'm undecided between fire shrimp or pistol shrimp

I have both a fire shrimp and a pistol shrimp in my 30gallon. It took him a while before I saw him eat. He wouldn’t eat if I was watching so I’d feed the tank and then leave the room.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a YWG and a pistol shrimp in our tank. I know they're both alive because I hear the snaps from the shrimp and I see the after mess from burrowing from the goby, but haven't seen either one in two months. lol

OP
OP
K

kbsharp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both a fire shrimp and a pistol shrimp in my 30gallon. It took him a while before I saw him eat. He wouldn’t eat if I was watching so I’d feed the tank and then leave the room.
I will try that and give him his privacy fingers crossed

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back