Yellow wrasse need help...

brianle0612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have a yellow wrasse in my DT about 3 months now, just noticed that he swimming weird about 3days ago, here below is the video of how he swimming. What happen to him and how to treat him ? Any advice would be appreciate alot.

Attachments

• IMG_1963.MOV
    40.3 MB
OP
OP
B

brianle0612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I just knew it, the way he swimming like half his body cant move on tail part. He could swim for short distance and going down on the sand base od land on the rock surface.

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard for anyone to ID without photos or anything, Is their any like phyical markings like bruises/cuts/bumps

OP
OP
B

brianle0612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard for anyone to ID without photos or anything, Is their any like phyical markings like bruises/cuts/bumps
Not at all, his body totally look fine to me, only his half body/ tail side look like broke. He couldnt swim like support to. Thanks Frostblitz

Attachments

• 65145131276__7C13558F-4953-463F-9CFD-48E3CD5B528D.MOV
    1.1 MB
OP
OP
B

brianle0612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not at all, his body totally look fine to me, only his half body/ tail side look like broke. He couldnt swim like support to. Thanks Frostblitz

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 46

Frostblitz20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd behavor for nothing showing physically, would get a white light turn off the blues and check him in detail as some things cant be seen under blue lighting.

Also watch for tank mate aggression he could be getting picked on and getting stressed out.

OP
OP
B

brianle0612

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd behavor for nothing showing physically, would get a white light turn off the blues and check him in detail as some things cant be seen under blue lighting.

Also watch for tank mate aggression he could be getting picked on and getting stressed out.
Im pretty sure that all his mates are very peaceful and not agressive at all. But I will check him on tomorrow when white light on. Thanks again Frost.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pressed on your video then downloaded it then went to my gallery on my phone and video is in there under " downloads" for others who want to see video
Im no expert but just thought i would chime in to let others know what to do to be able to see video.
Looks like your wrasse broke his back or something.
Maybe put him in his own tank to try recuperate if thats even possible for him i do not know.or an acliminastion box is an option if getting harrassed by others in the tank.
But run the risk of stressing him out even more if move him into unfamilar tank or small acliminastion box so you danged it you do or dammed if you dont but ive never experienced anything like this so sorry for your fish and hope it just temporary and he recovers.all i can think off is if got startled he swam fast into the rocks or as he buried himself he swam fast down into bottom glass.
But if worse comes to worse then maybe research euthanisation of the fish but will tag @jayhemdal

Edit : @Jay Hemdal

Screenshot_20210823-234659_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20210823-234701_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20210823-234714_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20210823-234730_Video Player.jpg Screenshot_20210823-234743_Video Player.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I have a yellow wrasse in my DT about 3 months now, just noticed that he swimming weird about 3days ago, here below is the video of how he swimming. What happen to him and how to treat him ? Any advice would be appreciate alot.
I see symptoms of a neurological disease sometimes seen in wrasses. Some people attribute this to the fish having smacked into something. While I can’t rule that idea out entirely, I often see this in wrasse that show no damage on their snout from having run into something. I think there is an unknown internal disease process involving the nervous system - bacterial, viral, even myxosporidians.

Is the fish still feeding?

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had (for a couple of years) a perfectly normal large Lunare Wrasse that I loved; in moving him to another tank there was a ‘freak accident’ and I literally saw and HEARD him smack into the side of the tank. From that moment on he did not swim right, and died within a few days. “Spinal cord” injury is what I figured it was. :(

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back