Yellow wrasse with cleaner shrimp?

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been seeing a lot of these fish in peoples reefs lately but it is usually listed as a non reef safe wrasse because it had a tendency to eat shrimp and feather dusters? What are your experiences with this fish mixed with cleaner shrimp an feather dusters? I am asking because I am thinking of adding one to my tank but I have feather dusters, peppermint and cleaner shrimp.

Thanks,
Brandon

fish&corals

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a yellow Coris wrasse in my tank with a cleaner shrimp and peppermints .. i have no probs them at all about getting along .. he does not even mess with the banded coral shrimp ..

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what fish are you referring to? There are a couple of wrasses that go by that generic "yellow wrasse" name.

capt85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine with a cleaner and alot of feathe dusters with no problem.

I had a VERY small peppermint disappear but I do not know if he is to blame.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bct15

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what fish are you referring to? There are a couple of wrasses that go by that generic "yellow wrasse" name.

I'm referring to halichoeres chrysus , the one called a yellow wrasse on live aquaria in the non reef safe wrasses section. Also known as a yellow coris wrasse, golden rainbowfish, canary wrasse, and golden wrasse . I read online that it was improperly labeled as a coris wrasse so I used the name on live aquaria, sorry for the confusion.

gofor100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one with 2 cleaner shrimp (added after the fish if that helps at all), and he doesn't even notice them.

As for small feather dusters (you know the small colonial ones that grow on the LR), they might be in danger. Larger ones are probably okay though (no personal experience on that one).

-Chad

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm referring to halichoeres chrysus , the one called a yellow wrasse on live aquaria in the non reef safe wrasses section. Also known as a yellow coris wrasse, golden rainbowfish, canary wrasse, and golden wrasse . I read online that it was improperly labeled as a coris wrasse so I used the name on live aquaria, sorry for the confusion.

Ok gotcha. Like the others have said, mine has never bothered a thing. Great fish IMO.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back