Yellowtail damsel and royal gramma

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I added a yellow tail damsel to my tank yesterday and I have read stories about them being small terrorisers but my RG has been messing with him like crazy and will not stop. I turned lights off all day yesterday after I got the damsel. He is eating he ate this morning and no fun damage after looking over him. His fins aren't clamped either. Should I give it a few days? Is the RG just letting the damsel know this is his tank? And also the damsel isn't just in a corner hiding it is swimming around but every few minutes I look over and the RG is chasing him across the tank then stops. Thanks guys

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40g breeder. I have 2 clowns and six line wrasse and a green clown goby and a peppermint shrimp and CUC.

waterwatereverywhere

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience royal grammas will definitely try and show newcomers who's boss. Has usually just played a few days, as long as the new fish realises its place and doesn't mess round the gramma's favourite caves.

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the thing the six line isn't messing with the damsel not either of my clowns. And of course the clown goby isn't he just scoots across his rock lol. But I haven't added new fish in a little while so I have forgot kinda how the RG acts. He was the first added to the tank before anyone so the center rock of course in the tank is his. If anyone comes near he opens his mouth wide and lets them know. But like I said he is chasing the damsel. Not constantly and isn't causing damage but I just can't remember if he did that to the wrasse and clowns when they were added. Il forsure be keeping a close eye on everybody. And as stated the damsel are yesterday and ate this morning. He isn't hiding he's swimming about and no fun damage or clamped fins.

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks jumbo shrimp. There is plenty of rock structure and spots for everyone own spot. So hopefully the RG is just letting him know who's boss

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back