OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at a Fish/Seafood Store in Murrells Inlet, SC and they had Trigger Fish for sale. I bought some Grouper, to cook at home.
Nice!!! Not in view of your fish tank? :oops:
Lol
I’m half Norwegian, I’ll eat a Clown fish!

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Indonesia or the Philippines I would be quite sure the Tridacna is taken from a reef and I would reject it.

I had the opportunity to eat Tridacna sashimi on Bintan, an Indonesian island next to Singapore. I did not order it. I had seen Tridacnas snorkeling in the reef and that the restaurant offering the Tridacna sashimi already had build a wall of Tridacna shells. This is exactly what is threatening these species, overexploitation.

Do you have a guilty conscience now? - Good:cool:

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Indonesia or the Philippines I would be quite sure the Tridacna is taken from a reef and I would reject it.

I had the opportunity to eat Tridacna sashimi on Bintan, an Indonesian island next to Singapore. I did not order it. I had seen Tridacnas snorkeling in the reef and that the restaurant offering the Tridacna sashimi already had build a wall of Tridacna shells. This is exactly what is threatening these species, overexploitation.

Wow! You’ve been around!!! A wall of shells? Huh? Definitely something to think about. :rolleyes:

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

No I don't. But, I may just have to start eating clams. ;Sour

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve been around!!! A wall of shells? Huh?
Yes, I have been at the Aquarama fair in Singapore and added a few days on this island.

Yes, a kind of wall, actually just stacked Tridacna shells, ca. knee-high and at least 20 m (ca. 60 feet) long, if I remember right.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have been at the Aquarama fair in Singapore and added a few days on this island.

Yes, a kind of wall, actually just stacked Tridacna shells, ca. knee-high and at least 20 m (ca. 60 feet) long, if I remember right.
I have to admit brother, I’m a big clam chowder fan!

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a picture from Harrelson’s Seafood store site of the Trigger. They said they have a Crab, Shrimp, Clam Flavor, rather than a Fish Flavor.
9A8717DD-D3CA-4A01-AB8F-E2B24BACCF40.jpeg

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a picture from Harrelson’s Seafood store site of the Trigger. They said they have a Crab, Shrimp, Clam Flavor, rather than a Fish Flavor.
9A8717DD-D3CA-4A01-AB8F-E2B24BACCF40.jpeg
Amazing!!! Thanks for the black and white version of this photo. It lessens the pain. ;)

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the Actual Color of the Trigger Fish, not the pretty colors of our aquarium fish. I asked if I could take a picture of their display case, and they acted funny about it. I pulled the picture off of their website. Also they were huge. Next time I visit, I‘m going to bring something, so I can grill one outside. BTW, I was at a Disney Restaurant, years ago, and ordered Fried Grouper. His Cousin was watching me eat him from the Restauran’s Wrap Around Aquarium.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was the Actual Color of the Trigger Fish, not the pretty colors of our aquarium fish. I asked if I could take a picture of their display case, and they acted funny about it. I pulled the picture off of their website. Also they were huge. Next time I visit, I‘m going to bring something, so I can grill one outside. BTW, I was at a Disney Restaurant, years ago, and ordered Fried Grouper. His Cousin was watching me eat him from the Restauran’s Wrap Around Aquarium.
Fish, any color cooked any way!!!!! Love it! The fried Grouper at Disney must have been Disney World yes? My wife and I were in Anaheim Disneyland just last month. Actually they might have fish in the New Orleans area?

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone finds a video of them serving GSP let me know. I can offer to be their sole wholesale provider.
Funny! ……………how about a Green Star Polyp Shawarma.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have and I will say it is delicious tastes like mussels just sweeter and more chewy,find them often in the local fish market.
Nice, sounds delicious!!! What are you from that they are often available?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back