Yet another dino id please

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I asked for help was when my tank was full of dino. Now it is only on the sand bed and I am unable to eliminate the problem. Can you please help with with identification? https://photos.app.goo.gl/CRw4if2Xw7Tq3Us18 Sorry for the quality, cheap microscope and lack of knowledge how to prepare a good sample. From the behavior of my dino I am leaning towards Amphidinium since its only on the sand bed and it looks like it goes to the sand at night because strong UV installed in the tank did nothing.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't view the picture. Can you upload it to the site? Click on the button just to the right of the chain links above to up load it to the site.

OP
OP
lost66

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1617760134903.png

1617760170726.png

Lenett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I asked for help was when my tank was full of dino. Now it is only on the sand bed and I am unable to eliminate the problem. Can you please help with with identification? https://photos.app.goo.gl/CRw4if2Xw7Tq3Us18 Sorry for the quality, cheap microscope and lack of knowledge how to prepare a good sample. From the behavior of my dino I am leaning towards Amphidinium since its only on the sand bed and it looks like it goes to the sand at night because strong UV installed in the tank did nothing.
Sounds like what my tank has! Looking for the answer too!

OP
OP
lost66

lost66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it is the same strain I am struggling. As @taricha suggested in one of my other threads it is large cell amphidinium dinos.
I have started to treat my tank by adding phyto from algae barn (they have this ocean magic mixture). Also, I have just ordered spongexcel to increase silica to introduce diatom hoping it will suck all the energy from dino.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some live zooplankton, I think they consume dino and other nuisance algae.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.7%
Back