Yet another Eb832 issue. Has anyone seen this one before ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few days ago I started having issues with my EB832. When checking infusion I noticed a red! Inside of a triangle with a low-voltage error warning. I contacted Neptunes and their response is I’m having a problem with my house electric. The house was rewired a couple years back with all 12 gauge wire and a new 200 amp service I’ve never had any issues and I don’t have any issues with anything else so I’m finding this hard to believe. I’ve only got a couple more months of warranty on this item so I’d like to get to the bottom of it before it’s out of warranty. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the fix? I do not want to hire an electrician and pay him a few hundred dollars to tell me there’s nothing wrong I’d rather fix the energy bar myself they have to pay somebody else for nothing any help would be appreciated thanks everyone.
0311C5FD-5277-45F9-83A5-A7770C45F24A.png

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens all the time when the weather is hot and everyone is running air conditioning, putting a huge load on your regional power grid. It has nothing to do with the wiring in your house, or how many amps your circuit is. You can verify this reading by plugging a multimeter into other electrical outlets inside your house. Your neighbors are all likely in the same boat.

There's nothing wrong with your EB832; it's only warning you. You'll see a yellow triangle warning when it gets close to 110 volts, and then the red warning when it goes below 110 volts. It will still function, and continue to turn devices on and off on the programmed schedule. However, if the voltage drops too low, some devices may not function.

There is absolutely nothing you can do unless you augment your home's utility power with a solar panel, generator, or large UPS battery system.

Last edited:
OP
OP
((FORDTECH))

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens all the time when the weather is hot and everyone is running air conditioning, putting a huge load on your regional power grid. It has nothing to do with the wiring in your house, or how many amps your circuit is. You can verify this reading by plugging a multimeter into other electrical outlets inside your house. Your neighbors are all likely in the same boat.

There's nothing wrong with your EB832; it's only warning you. You'll see a yellow triangle warning when it gets close to 110 volts, and then the red warning when it goes below 110 volts. It will still function, and continue to turn devices on and off on the programmed schedule. However, if the voltage drops too low, some devices may not function.

There is absolutely nothing you can do unless you augment your home's utility power with a solar panel, generator, or large UPS battery system.
Thank you for the quick response and explanation. Neptune’s only said eb832 is not pulling enough power from outlet and recommend have an electrician check my power and I was not gunna go that route. Yes it’s been very hot here lately and I’m sure everyone using more power in Neighborhood. With that being said when this is happening I’d assume all outlets in my house will have same lowish voltage? So I could measure at any outlet in the house ? I guess I could try to squeeze behind stand and measure the right one.

Last edited:

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the quick response and explanation. Neptune’s only said eb832 is not pulling enough power from outlet and recommend have an electrician check my power and I was not gunna go that route. Yes it’s been very hot here lately and I’m sure everyone using more power in Neighborhood. With that being said when this is happening I’d assume all outlets in my house will have same lowish voltage? So I could measure at any outlet in the house ? I guess I could try to squeeze behind stand and measure the right one.
Yes, the voltage at each outlet in your house will likely be the same low value. And like I said, you could ask your neighbors if you can check their voltage, too.

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is good to read....i am seeing this on my end again on an extremely HOT day here in El Paso, TX

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back