Yet another Fishless cycling question

JWright0291

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
I’ve read what I think to be just about every Fishless cycling thread on R2R at this point and am hoping for some clarification.
I have read several times that people say, once your ammonia drops to 0 repeatedly, add fish, no matter your nitrite levels.
Are there risks to this? Will the nitrite turn to nitrate quickly and kill my fish or does that second part of the cycle where nitrites go away just kind of happen behind the scenes?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Myself, when cycling I've waited until the ammonia and nitrite drop to close to zero and the nitrate levels aren't astronomical. The last tank upgrade I insta-cycled it, and this is a far superior (albeit it more expensive) way to go.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 43 58.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back