YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsulla

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the pictures.
Sorry about the STN. ALK is poison sometimes.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So good :D Bummer about the OP but hopefully it makes a comeback!!

You know what, if that's the worst that can happen, I'm not bummed about it, I'll try it again!

Love the pictures.
Sorry about the STN. ALK is poison sometimes.

Thanks! It's by far the toughest parameter (for me) to manage in such a small tank.

Tank is coming along nicely everything looks fantastic!

Thanks very much!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good

Thanks!

wow what a beautiful build brother

Thank you!

Looking real nice man!!

I cleaned up the back a bit, you inspired me, more new rockwork coming soon.

Nice big green coral!

Yeah, that’s a local tenius that may have had a name, but has since just turned into “green tenius.” It’s the most electric green, with awesome coralites, and fuzzy as all get out polyps! Honestly, I like it better than my half the “high end” aka high dollar acros I have, and it grows like a weed.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some cell phone shots. They are quick and dirty, but show the assortment in there a little better.

de8930da334c313f27c31c6b7bdafa30.jpg

7d835a601cab0b74248345ac4467f4a2.jpg

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an awesome little tank, good job!

Does that RFA play nice with the SPS?

Thanks for checking it out!

I have never had issues with bubble tips, or RFA's for that matter, but this one spent a good couple months driving me wild. There are actually 2 in there, one has retreated into the shadows, it does well, then poor, then well. The giant neon orange one with the yellow tips I thought was going to die for a while. When it finally settled there on my SPS ledge/rock, I figured what the heck, I'm not going to move it. Well, that's the spot it loves, go figure. It's gigantic, and easily reaches the size of a coaster by about the afternoon. It stings the base of my Fox Flame, and it stung the side of the Cali Tort in front of it to hell and back. I trimmed off the side of the cali that was getting stung (which it still does) and it's going gangbusters the other way. I realize this was a really long answer to your question, and the short answer is, no, but everybody deals with it!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lots of changes pretty much right after my last update. I have been doing a ton of traveling for work lately, so I'm always shocked the tank is even still running every time I get back.

I rescaped the back area of the tank. I LOVED what I came up with. The giant RBTA I added did not, and I found it stinging half my shrooms to death, so I had to adjust the rock a bit. I am happy with what it is now, but really liked what I had before I had to twist the rock in a direction I didn't like as much in order to get the nem happy.

The GSP started as a fun project, but now is turning into a big chunk of work. I'm trimming it back all the time, and it's starting to get on the rock (I've epoxied over) but now its no longer a game, it is time to go. My picture updates would lead you to believe I don't do anything with it, trust me, I trim it like once a week!

I added a red grow light to the sump. I have NEVER been able to grow cheato before. I have cheato down there, but what has started to take off is the dragons breath macro I left. It had blown all over the sump and was in little pieces that I was sure would die. They have not, and have started sprouting, and growing from the bottom. I will soon have more Dragons Breath than cheato, which I think will be kind of cool! I also rubber banded the rest of it (big clump) to a rock, and it has started growing great in my frag tank as well!

Can anybody spot my recent addition? I'm not one for fish names, but this one I've dubbed Baby Beaker. I've had over a year of pods building up, and BB has taken to LRS as well.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome pictures.

It seems like the tank is maturing well. The macro algae are a good sign.

Is it the copperband?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back