YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsulla

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A beer/frag swap meet would be great.
Great to see the Belgian beers are known far away. And a shame that the US ones do not reach our regions.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A beer/frag swap meet would be great.
Great to see the Belgian beers are known far away. And a shame that the US ones do not reach our regions.

Haha, I attend both frequently, but never both at the same time! That's pretty much what my living room is, 4 draft lines, 1 Reef Tank, lol.

Belgian beer history is strong. It's unfortunate, a lot of the beer in the USA that is Independent is hard to even get in other cities. This is due to distribution tiers and outdated laws left over from prohibition era. It's fun seeing the styles on the East and West coast chase trends.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it was just one more thing. I’m actually upping the beer space a bit as well, so all space is helpful!

Thank you!

Yup, my handle is the same: YHSublime

Expect a lot of beer & bulldogs [emoji190]
Expect a follow from me on IG... beer and bulldogs = a few of my most favorite things.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still tuning... patiently...
I say we start threatening riots! He's too busy drinking amazing look beer!! (Instagram has dobbed him in hahahaha)

Holy Moley! I've been so freaking busy the past couple of weeks! Hows about an update?

Well, I'm still kicking! I have been lucky enough to have this tank spotlighted a few times over the past few months, TOTM with my local reef club, and most recently TOTM over at Nano-Reef, which is a complete honor! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't holding on hope for an August R2R spotlight to get the trifecta under my belt! There are a few other things in the works, and I'll update on them as I'm allowed to! Life has also picked up, and work and personal have been rewarding, but so busy. As a result, the tank has, well, boomed!

Sans a few algae patches, auto pilot has been good to the system. There's been tremendously fast growth, and I've trimmed some stuff back, and even added a few pieces, if you can believe that!

I did a water change today after snapping some photos. I'm going to focus the next few months on being more diligent about them. I've found I can sit back longer as the tank has matured a little bit. The water I changed tonight had a nice yellow tint to it, and I have been feeding with a heavier hand, hence the small algae crops which I was able to remove completely by hand. Yes, I think I'll try to do better with water changes.

Anyways, I know this is what you folks really want, so here are the photos:
Front & Center on this bad boy is the ARC Master Yoda. Right above it is the RR Pink Floyd, and to the right, a new frag of Battle Corals Bubble Bath Unicorn
48351587277_8f3e85415e_h.jpg

Right above the BC Bubble Bath Unicorn is a Bali Shortcake. The person I got it from was having trouble getting it to color up. And while I've certainly pulled some significantly brighter green tips, I'm thinking it needs to grow a bit before I can pull some more reds vs pinks out of it
48351455381_26f9aad859_h.jpg

These yellow skirted zoanthids are Jason Fox Acid Reflux. They are pretty pricey, and they seem to be super happy in my tank. I'll take small battles where I can get them, I just lost a mini colony of Speckled Kraks and Darth Mauls.
48351588727_ae20102b87_h.jpg

SC Orange Passion, front & Center, is growing and encrusting super fast. I originally lost a frag of this and had to buy another one. So far I have been doing better this go around. To the right is the ARC Fireworks, the flow is turned off so the yellow polyps are hiding for this photo. Underneath it is the Cornbred Maleficent. Its encrusting faster than the zooxanthellae can keep up!
48351589047_23d2f9f1a4_h.jpg

And here's a nice top down of the same view:
48351461616_5be2754f3a_h.jpg

I don't think I've ever featured this before, but here is my Jawbreaker mushroom. There's actually 3 of them, all splits from the one you're seeing here with a bit of red starting to splatter in. I pulled the trigger on one about a year ago, and it's been awesome watching it grow and color up.
48351456981_fa64c430dc_h.jpg

I don't show the floor a lot, as the zoanthids are just starting to fill in and do their job. The coraline is direct competition, and I think it actually slows down growth in a lot of the floor spaces. The top is new Darth Mauls (here we go again) bottom left are Magicians, then Bowtie Blasters, and Blue Rhinos.
48351457466_73c09e4cbb_h.jpg

TGC Cherry Bomb, and while I'm sure you can find a real unphotochopped photo of the Walt Disney these days, on the right getting choked out by Rasta's.
48351457836_3505f05792_h.jpg

This Jason Fox Fox Flame started real strong for me, but kinda stalled out. It looks like it's about to take off again. To the right, Pink Lemonade, and Mandarin Orange zoas.
48351590967_9a5026768e_h.jpg

The big ol' chunk on the left is a while blue, with lower phosphates I've pulled yellow tips from it. The center and tiny frag is Pink PD, and then to that's right is Battle Corals Conveyor Belt of Fleshdunce. While it looks miserable here, it's encrusting fast and growing and slowly coloring up, I have yet to see polyps on it.
48351591332_15528fe315_h.jpg

One of my favorite Milli's, this is from DC Aquaculture, and it's their "house milli." Behind is is Cornbreds Purple Planet, and right below is RR Excalibur. On the floor in the corner of the photo is a burnt JF Beach Bum. I'm having a problem finding a spot in my tank with low enough light for it.
48351459286_62099c4bb6_h.jpg

Just some nice growth tips on the CB Purple Planet. Underneath on the floor is TSA Minions monti, I'm waiting for that to go gangbusters, great colors, and a showstopper for sure.
48351459591_17966a387e_h.jpg

Here's a coral that is the picture the only reason why I don't care for LED lighting, the TCK Pikachu. This is on a slight angle of a shelf ledge with other acro. The underside is encrusted, but completely lacks color, while the topside is doing well. If this wasn't so far off and cantilevered from the light, I'm sure it would be double the size and better colors.
48351592342_fc8cd4fbae_h.jpg

I bought this Homewrecker (can you see it?!) ages ago. A nub, that I probably spent too much money on. It's slowly started to encrust, I'm looking forward to seeing what I can pull out of it, but feels like I'm going to be waiting forever. Below it is the PC Rainbow, and then a Strawberry Shortcake making a special appearance.
48351461296_264546907b_h.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I was marveling at the rapid growth I'm starting to see, and this is pretty much from just being (consistently) lazy. I was particularly paying attention to the rapid growth I'm seeing all of a sudden from the SC Orange Passion. Here is a photo of it 4/20:

46754962345_78cb3ce96d_h.jpg

I didn't feel like breaking out the DSLR, but here's a cell phone shot of it today, pretty much 3 months later:

I also trimmed back the cheato, and starting mixing up a batch of saltwater for another water change, I'm trying to keep myself honest at 1 a week.
C138B87F-B7AF-4635-BF30-3C14306B6C41.jpeg

Back