YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsulla

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other question that maybe someone reading the thread can answer - how are the Mr Aqua tanks compared to the ADA tanks? They seem similar in dimension but about 60% of the price. Seeing your tank has me wondering why I'm setting up a new 96 gallon tank. There is something really manageable about a tank this size and its something I wrestled with before plunging into the bigger build. Definitely take your time with this one - I think it is going to be a special tank.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One other question that maybe someone reading the thread can answer - how are the Mr Aqua tanks compared to the ADA tanks? They seem similar in dimension but about 60% of the price. Seeing your tank has me wondering why I'm setting up a new 96 gallon tank. There is something really manageable about a tank this size and its something I wrestled with before plunging into the bigger build. Definitely take your time with this one - I think it is going to be a special tank.

Well, I know that these Mr. Aqua tanks are no longer being made, which is a shame. ADA, Takashi Amano's line, was pretty much the first line of tanks that were designed to be as "quiet" as possible. I have always been attracted to rimless tanks, and ADA's are quality. This Mr. Aqua was used, and there was a minor scuff, but there is a staphire option out there. It's been sitting around my living room since September, as I plan everything accompanying it. Believe me, I've changed my mind about a lot of things along the way, like lighting, stands, sumps, everything. This tank nearly ended up on a Target media console, until I assembled it and realized I wouldn't even put a TV on there, let alone an aquarium.

There's a challenge in the nano, which I've grown to appreciate. I've had large tanks, up to 200 gallons, but instead of throwing whatever I want into this, I have carefully decide and plan what I want to keep. Whatever I do, I've always believed and practiced the K.I.S.S method. Thanks for checking it out, maybe I can vicariously live through your larger build!

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm taking a similar approach to my tank. I actually called the thread Choss' 96 gallon Nano tank because I am treating the tank in a similar fashion - I will be really selective in what goes in and I want to create an environment where I can get up close to the life in the tank. Its the small details that I think sometimes get lost in the really large tanks. Anyway, hopefully mine will turn out as nice as this build. I hope to get the tank wet by Xmas. We shall see..

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a few pics of the sump & equipment? Are you planing on putting doors on the cabinet? Also, how noisy or silent is the overflow?

Here's what I could do without switching lenses equipment wise:

This is by far the easiest skimmer I've ever adjusted. It's doing great work.

Boring part, hard to get a picture. Fuge. Currently big chunks of live rock, cheato, GSP, and some rescued birdsnest coral that will most likely die, just attached to the rock.

ATO Container, with Tunze ATO, I designed the cabinet so this could squeeze in alongside the sump. I did not anticipate going through about 3 gallons of evaporation a week!

Pulled a frag rack over, things are still alive. Algae continues to grow, still has cycles to complete, adding a CUC package this month.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank setup. I got the bigger version of the reef octopus 150

I've always used Avast Skimmers, so it's been my first stray. I have a buddy that changes skimmers what feels like every four months, and he said the Reef Octopus series are probably the best performing for the money across the board.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all you stick heads, it's taken hold.

I've been busy. Now it looks like I need to figure out fish.

My new (Fostering) helper, Tiny.

New Acro list:

1.) Green Slimer

2.) Purple Slimer

3.) Reef Gen Cerulean Blue Stag

4.) Joe the Coral

5.) Pink Lemonade

6.) Forrest Fire Digi

7.) Walt Disney

8.) Fox Flame

9.) Strawberry Shortcake

10.) PC Rainbow

11.) Sunset Millie

12.) Tri-Color

13.) Green Tenuis

14.) Cali Tort

15. Setossa

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back