YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsulla

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, it's so tight, but I'll give it a shot when it's photo ready. It looks like I'm going to have to put the filter socks back on, I hate having another thing to take care of, but the amount of detritus I shop vacd out was astounding. I've still got to put a little pump down there and get the rest cleaned up through a stocking or something.

So I've not tested my water since I started the tank, but I've got enough in there now that I'll most likely have to, so I'm prepared to be shocked. I'm even out of space really on the floor of the tank, hence the moving some stuff into the sump area. I'm pickup up the salifert calcium kit, and I've got to get reagent for my hanna checkers.

I've got a bubble magnus doser, just needs a little cleaning up, and I'll be off to the races.
I am very curious about the results of those tests.
Looking at the corals, nothing too shocking should come out of it.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should probably just make a commitment to myself not to post any more photos until I can take those frag racks down... but here we are:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28SzBzq]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/27dgMuy]

That coraline is starting to kick in. This was getting nipped on by an angel, so it is coming back in y bank. But look at that coraline, I'll hate it soon:

New things. One of the best is the tank scraper, blows the flipper out of the water, finally cut all that hard to reach algae out, my tank has never looked cleaner!

New doser mount hooked up. I have some reagents above, and a whole arsenal of testing kits. Going to track for a few days and see how everything ends up:

[/url][/url]

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New things. One of the best is the tank scraper, blows the flipper out of the water, finally cut all that hard to reach algae out, my tank has never looked cleaner!
What scraper is it?

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The days of the T5 are behind us, although not sure if it's for good or not! These LED's are bright, less heat, we will see what growth looks like. Coincidentally, I've started to dose as well, so lots of changes in the past week. My alk dropped down to 6, and now seems to be back on a healthy path of 9'ish.

I put filter socks back on. They've already filled up, and I should grab some more. I detest nothing more than cleaning filter socks. I replaced my ATO pump, so it's nice to not being doing top offs by hand. I just need to grease up the doser tubes and get around to hooking up the Apex and we're off to the races.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice and clean looking fixture.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang that's a slick looking fixture man!! Nice to hear things are doing well enough that you have to make some changes and upgrades though!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@YHSublime what made you ditch T5’s and go with LEDs ? Sorry if I missed that.

Some one built you the LEDs is that correct?

The heat. I’m in a small space, hence my nano. I was pumping the AC to counter the fixture. I love T5’s, best growth and color for your buck, IMO, however, I can’t have that heat, especially during the summer!

Somebody built it for their 75 gallon, and then upgraded to a 180, these dims were perfect for my tank!

Dang that's a slick looking fixture man!! Nice to hear things are doing well enough that you have to make some changes and upgrades though!

That’s a positive way of looking at it! Fixture is good, still playing with it, much more controllability than the old fixture.

Clayton Jessup

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The heat. I’m in a small space, hence my nano. I was pumping the AC to counter the fixture. I love T5’s, best growth and color for your buck, IMO, however, I can’t have that heat, especially during the summer!

Somebody built it for their 75 gallon, and then upgraded to a 180, these dims were perfect for my tank!

@YHSublime that’s a valid point about the heat that they can put off.

That’s a great score for you on your nano with the LEDs .

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the doser online this evening. A fixed up/used Bubble Magus. I tested all the pumps and ran RO through everything, so I think it's going to be just fine. I didn't test for consistency, but I'm not dosing enough to have to worry about huge fluctuations knowing my consumption. I wasn't able to find some dosing containers for underneath my stand, but I did clean out a 1 gallon chocolate milk jug that fits just right!

I removed the felt filter socks (absolute garbage, no way to get those things clean) and have replaced them with some different low grade micron filter socks that will be much better. Now it's the waiting game. Here's a picture from this evening:

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good man! So nice and clean :D

Thanks! Honestly, I didn't clean the glass or do anything for the above. The GSP that normally get's trimmed back is growing up the side of the tank, but the SPS is starting to really take off, so now comes the battle of keeping everything stable and tweaked. There's about 15 more ricordea in my sump that got bleached out, they are slowly recovering, and then will be released back into the pile:

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some SPS shots, right after feeding, hence the closed up polyps. Definitely can get better shots from the top vs the sides.

WD - looking boring:

Pink Cadillac right side. Some milli top center, and then center green tennius.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back