OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good!! Loving the pe man, they must be happy acro's!!

If polyp extension is an exhibit of happiness, then agreed! I’m worried I’m not extracting some of the colors I was getting with T5, but energy and heat wise it’s a miracle with LEDs! I’ve got some nubs in there that are going to turn into some stellar pieces, and things are growing, I just don’t notice because I stare at it every day!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great.
It will take some time to find the right LED set up.
Love the Tenius

Thanks! I’m hoping the WD is still just not grown into its colors yet bc it’s still small(er) but I’m considering getting a par meter to see where I’m really at.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im doing a build similar to this wonderful peace, would you mind telling me what u used for return pipes and nozzles, i would really appreciate it buddy, im new to drilling and plumbing and i will be going with the eshopps eclipse s aswell :) stellur tank btw

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im doing a build similar to this wonderful peace, would you mind telling me what u used for return pipes and nozzles, i would really appreciate it buddy, im new to drilling and plumbing and i will be going with the eshopps eclipse s aswell :) stellur tank btw

Hey there. Thanks for checking it out! All the plumbing underneath is 1" PVC (red from BRS) and the return is 3/4" flex line. I did that because there was no way to hard plumb a return without drilling into the frame of the stand and messing with the integrity of the foundation and support pieces. As for the return nozzle, it's just locline onto a threaded adapter, you can buy it on Amazon, I happen to run down to my local fish store, just so I know that I'm getting the right parts, bring your bulk head with you!

Drilling is easy. Use the guide provided, and keep it wet. Let the drill do the work. Make sure to put a towel down on the other end of the tank on the inside, so when the glass pops out it doesn't crack it on the other side. This tank was small enough I was able to drill it in the bathtub with a charged up hand drill and a brand new diamond hole saw. Also, didn't hurt that I wasn't worried about water getting everywhere! Good luck with your tank, I look forward to seeing a picture of it!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it everyday, so I don't notice. But things are growing. Fast. Realized my doser wasn't dosing. Have replacement heads on the way. All testing for naught, so I'm just throwing in 5oz of each ESV part a day. I'll stop that, take numbers and test for a day or two, and then hook doser up again. Added some more ricordea from my "frag tank" sump, didn't do any cleaning up for photos. As you can see, the GSP needs trimming.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see it everyday, so I don't notice. But things are growing. Fast. Realized my doser wasn't dosing. Have replacement heads on the way. All testing for naught, so I'm just throwing in 5oz of each ESV part a day. I'll stop that, take numbers and test for a day or two, and then hook doser up again. Added some more ricordea from my "frag tank" sump, didn't do any cleaning up for photos. As you can see, the GSP needs trimming.

Really looking great. Looks awesome against the brick.

Actuallykimhansen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. Thanks for checking it out! All the plumbing underneath is 1" PVC (red from BRS) and the return is 3/4" flex line. I did that because there was no way to hard plumb a return without drilling into the frame of the stand and messing with the integrity of the foundation and support pieces. As for the return nozzle, it's just locline onto a threaded adapter, you can buy it on Amazon, I happen to run down to my local fish store, just so I know that I'm getting the right parts, bring your bulk head with you!

Drilling is easy. Use the guide provided, and keep it wet. Let the drill do the work. Make sure to put a towel down on the other end of the tank on the inside, so when the glass pops out it doesn't crack it on the other side. This tank was small enough I was able to drill it in the bathtub with a charged up hand drill and a brand new diamond hole saw. Also, didn't hurt that I wasn't worried about water getting everywhere! Good luck with your tank, I look forward to seeing a picture of it!

Thanks man, I will cherish those tips :) and keep up the great tank [emoji1316][emoji1316]

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

choss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just catching up on your thread. Things looking great. I would have been nervous going all LED after T5 but seems to be working out. Where do you buy your rics? I love the variety and would like to do something similar in my tank.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just catching up on your thread. Things looking great. I would have been nervous going all LED after T5 but seems to be working out. Where do you buy your rics? I love the variety and would like to do something similar in my tank.

Thanks, I would say I'm done, but I'm never really done. I bought a ricordea pack from a local reefer when I first started the tank. We used to do group buys on Florida Rics in my area and the prices were insanely cheap. Not any more, I've seen them for $30 a piece from vendors and this pack was 8 of them for $90, which seemed more reasonable. I think there was some Yumas in there as well, but they are all rapidly spreading. Every time I see a decent deal pop up locally, I try and grab it, and my count is over 30 now. I think I've only purchased about 18, so the rest are splits. There was a time about 4-5 years ago when every single local reefer had a "ric rock," but you just don't see that anymore. I wanted to bring it back!

If (read: when) all my SPS die, I'll have plenty of LPS and softies, haha.

Here's a bad shot of the rics, some of them are eating:

I've since trimmed the GSP back, and considered getting rid of it entirely, I'm worried about any of it getting onto the rock structures, and ruining everything, although it's pretty magnificent on the floor, and provides great movement!
https://flic.kr/p/Nfupv6

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back