OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks aaaammmmaaazzzziiinnnngggg man haha wouldn't even know you were travelling! :D

Haha, thanks dood!

I’m starting to get burnt out on all the short trips, but it’s definitely benefiting not being so hands on! I’m done adding, so now focusing on frags and bonsai styling my acros!

I also picked up a Reef Angel, no idea how to use it, but that’ll be my new project.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was admiring the tank this afternoon. I'm wanting to add more fish, but I don't want to put a top on. What does everybody think?

It's not always easy. The tank glass hasn't been cleaned in a month or so, so there is coraline growing on the glass. I have water made up and will do a water change tonight, but the view from the couch is still messy:

What particularly struck me about today though was the way my mushrooms decide to all show off and lay out perfectly:

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great view from the couch.

The tank is looking aaammmmaaazziiinnggg man!! :D

Thanks gents. Here’s my lesser talked about frag tank. Right now it’s mostly anemone splits from my DT but there’s also a nice blue carpet. This tank is teeming with pods and there are no fish. I’m looking for a set of clowns to host all the anemones. It’s 12 gallons, and I’m growing dragons breath, and running a small skimmer. Basic sps on the rack!

311cd4212c9db772198c96d2ab23ce67.jpg

76ae42711f4b625a6a9d43ae26f0b9fd.jpg

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks gents. Here’s my lesser talked about frag tank. Right now it’s mostly anemone splits from my DT but there’s also a nice blue carpet. This tank is teeming with pods and there are no fish. I’m looking for a set of clowns to host all the anemones. It’s 12 gallons, and I’m growing dragons breath, and running a small skimmer. Basic sps on the rack!

311cd4212c9db772198c96d2ab23ce67.jpg

76ae42711f4b625a6a9d43ae26f0b9fd.jpg
Groovy as man!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is more than a frag tank!
Looking great

Luckily it doesn’t feel like more. Even though it was all cured rock, it still went through a pretty bad algae bloom. With no predators in there, the pod population is explosive. Once a week I’ll feed the nems moderately to keep up a decent bioload. I’m looking for a nice clown pair to add.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while since an update. Not a lot happening other than growth. I did lose the Copperband, which I chalk up to my hubris. It has been replaced with a baby yellow tang. I do, however, have bubble algae and recently somehow acquired aiptasia. I've been debating what to do here, and this Friday I have a Reef Cleaners order coming:

image.png.c1476bb772e68b58069a0bbe612cbf28.png

I'm hoping I didn't go overboard!

Oh well, everybody likes pictures, so here's a few before lights out tonight:

An nice mini chunk of reef: JF Homewrecker, Speckled Kraks, WWC Purple Monsters

An eye of Space Invader Pectinia, a nice gift from a local reefer - this has been on my list for a long time, but I've never pulled the trigger on account of its long feelers

I cant quite get a good photo of these yuma. They are baby blue/turqouise with yellow orange and green speckled inside of them, they are stunning:

Borderline LTA, rainbow BTA which is just gigantic:

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I got my Reef Cleaners order. I don't think I could have made a wiser decision nipping some of the problems in the bud right away.

It took the weekend, but the peppermint shrimp have demolished every single invasive aiptasia that some how recently hitchhiked into my reef. 3 emeralds went into the 22, and 1 into the frag tank, and they are cleaning out the crevices of bubble algae that was starting to crop up as well. For anybody that looked over the order, you might have noticed I have the lettuce nudi's on there. There has been some algae in the frag tank that I'm not 100% sure what it is, and they seem to be taking care of it. I might have to pay them forward when they are done. I have also had to turn off the MP10 in there to make sure they are comfy, nothing seems to mind with just the return pump lightly moving the water.

OH, and in biggest news, I removed the floor patch of GSP! It was approaching the rock way too fast too often, so that's one less thing.

Back