OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank! Very much enjoyed the thread. Really sharp!

Thanks for digging in and checking it out! I truly appreciate the kind words. I hope to fill it in like yours, but we will see how long I can walk the tightrope of balancing levels in a small system!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple changes since my last photos. I did remove the GSP. That's been a relief. The coraline is already taking to the floor under where it once lay. I did get a baby purple tang to replace the yellow. Moved the yellow into the frag tank this morning, was promptly eating by the carpet anemone in less than 2 minutes. Lesson learned (the hard way.) New additions healing for the tank:

TGC Cherry Bomb
PC Superman
BC Battlestag
SC Orange Passion
UC Pikachu

I guess if I had really bothered, I could have moved the frag rack out.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RucGc8]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/24D3quR]
[/url][/url]

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to take some time to appreciate this SC Orange Passion. It indeed is sexy:

46594629675_e21762a22d_b.jpg

Bumped some things around, scraped the glass, but didn't clean it. Been traveling a lot lately so it's taken a back burner.

46594629835_62cca458f8_b.jpg

I did add an extra MP10. The new one is on 50%, the other one is on 75% It doesn't look as clean as I wanted, but the SPS is LOVING it

46594630175_b5c2593d9d_b.jpg

46594629235_2f011794df_b.jpg

47457333332_79a763a80e_b.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to take some time to appreciate this SC Orange Passion. It indeed is sexy:

46594629675_e21762a22d_b.jpg

Bumped some things around, scraped the glass, but didn't clean it. Been traveling a lot lately so it's taken a back burner.

46594629835_62cca458f8_b.jpg

I did add an extra MP10. The new one is on 50%, the other one is on 75% It doesn't look as clean as I wanted, but the SPS is LOVING it

46594630175_b5c2593d9d_b.jpg

46594629235_2f011794df_b.jpg

47457333332_79a763a80e_b.jpg
Looking stunning.
Your LPS will get beaten with the upgraded flow.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking stunning.
Your LPS will get beaten with the upgraded flow.

I'm very happy with it. So far the LPS on the bottom of the tank is fine, the top of the tank is not thrilled, but looks like it will deal. I'm also seeing an uptick in consumption recently, so things are stepping into the next gear.

I'm debating pulling a @Wrangy and putting the softies and LPS in another tank ;)

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang dude!! The tank is looking mighty fine :D Let me know when you start shipping to Aus for some of those frags :p haha

I think it's almost the other way around! Grass is always greener on the other side, right?!

I'm already thinking about the nem tank turning into the zoanthid grow out. There's not enough space.

I'll put pictures up when I have time to break out the DSLR, but new additions:
TGC Cherry Bomb
Cornbread Malificent
BC Conveyor Belt of Fleshdunce
BC Battlestag
SC Orange Passion
PC Superman

I've thought about moving the anemone and clowns out of the tank, but I like a the movement added amongst a wall of still color. However, it would open up a prime stick location.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing a TON of traveling over the past 2 weeks, so the tank has not seen a lot of love. Luckily, now that I'm back, everything looks better off without me. My dKH consumption continue to rise, have jumped from 5ml to almost 20ml over the past month.

Additionally, it took a while, but the extra addition of the MP10 on the front side of the peninsula has remedied my polyp extension woes. Just about every single SPS now has very happy extending polyps during the day and night.

The pictures don't really capture the awesomeness of the tank, I am going to see if I can buy a nice macro lens and get some closer photos, until then, you'll just have to make do with FTS's.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i feel like your coral placement has to be like playing tetris! perfect placement of corals in limited space. every thing is looking really good!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phoar!! Thankfully I was already sitting down when I opened the thread haha the tank is just crack-a-lackin :D :D colours are poppin', corals are happy! What more could you want!

Haha, you're too kind. I shouldn't be found wanting, but there are a few things I'd like to add I don't have room for!

i feel like your coral placement has to be like playing tetris! perfect placement of corals in limited space. every thing is looking really good!

I still have my original gameboy, and consider myself a Tetris champion, so this is an analogy I can really get behind, lol. It's more like "OK, where can I glue something down for now so it's not on a frag rack!" and then trimming it back so it grows up and out away from the all the other corals, lol. I've even started smothering some of the zoanthids intentionally. Thanks very much for the kind words!

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still have my original gameboy, and consider myself a Tetris champion, so this is an analogy I can really get behind, lol. It's more like "OK, where can I glue something down for now so it's not on a frag rack!" and then trimming it back so it grows up and out away from the all the other corals, lol. I've even started smothering some of the zoanthids intentionally. Thanks very much for the kind words![/QUOTE]

tetris was my jam! i know the struggle! i sold my zoa covered rock and have been adding more rock just to have more coral space =]. the real question is....
when you run out of space how big will the upgrade be!?!?

Back