OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Perculese found a home last night! It took her long enough (him really, but finding another perc bigger would be a challenge!) Fat fish just lays there, thought it was dead for a bit. I’ve never seen such an unenthusiastic fish in all my life.

ddbbc896ba5f9c1e7b85c36e07df61ab.jpg

307f929f490a9646d6eb24a612fc2bc9.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Perculese found a home last night! It took her long enough (him really, but finding another perc bigger would be a challenge!) Fat fish just lays there, thought it was dead for a bit. I’ve never seen such an unenthusiastic fish in all my life.

ddbbc896ba5f9c1e7b85c36e07df61ab.jpg

307f929f490a9646d6eb24a612fc2bc9.jpg

Instinct at full!
Amazing how they can swim around an anemone for months without coming near them and then all of a sudden, they get in and act like they have known and done this for ages.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I've had power outages, travels, adventure, and life all happen. Good news is that we're still ticking along.

Tank is looking gorgeous as usual. Atomic disaster proof if it survives even "life".
Your photo skills are pretty sublime as well.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Crack-a-lackin as per usual :D

I wish I had a better lens, despite having the most access from all sides, this has been the hardest tank to take photos of I've had.

Tank is looking gorgeous as usual. Atomic disaster proof if it survives even "life".
Your photo skills are pretty sublime as well.

I got a good chuckle out of this comment, we're all just making it!

And thank you. The camera does most of the heavy lifting. I could really benefit from a tripod and a nicer macro lens though. I haven't tested my alk in a long time, I need to see if I've had an uptick in consumption, considering the growth vs dosing I'm surprisingly not adding a lot.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I broke down the frag tank. I've been traveling so much lately that another tank to worry about was a nightmare for me. I somehow packed all of the frags into the 22. I made water yesterday, and it was so calming just having to worry about one tank again, so I think I made the right decision.

I'm very excited, because today my nano scraper finally came in the mail. It's nothing special, but it's cut through coraline in all the corners of the tank, and along the bottom with ease. Even if I have to change the razor blade every time, I didn't have to get my hands wet once, and it sliced through like butter. My old Algae Free plastic one snapped, I regret even starting with it. I wish Algae Free would go back to making nano sized tank scrapers with the razor blade attachment, but this will have to do! I can also cut it down in tight spaces, and was so inspired I snapped some photos:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gc6Z1u]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gc7vHN]
[/url][/url]

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is looking so nice man!!! :D :D Just gorgeous and it sounds like shutting the frag tank down was for the best! Now back to more beer on instagram :p

Yeah, it was just one more thing. I’m actually upping the beer space a bit as well, so all space is helpful!

Looks great!

Thank you!

Looks like a new tank!
Where can I find you on IG?

Yup, my handle is the same: YHSublime

Expect a lot of beer & bulldogs [emoji190]

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it was just one more thing. I’m actually upping the beer space a bit as well, so all space is helpful!
Expect a lot of beer & bulldogs
emoji190.png
I will never say no to the enjoyment of more beer space!! :D

Speaking of beer, I had this one on the weekend and while it was silly expensive, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Not as hot as I would have liked but the warmth was awesome!
20190607_215657.jpg

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will never say no to the enjoyment of more beer space!! :D

Speaking of beer, I had this one on the weekend and while it was silly expensive, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Not as hot as I would have liked but the warmth was awesome!
20190607_215657.jpg

That is not a beer. That is more like burrito jalapeno salsa.

... this is beer: Real trappist, brewed by Belgian monks.... Chimay is what I have in the fridge right now

upload_2019-6-11_11-18-6.png

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190607_215657.jpg

I made a habanero Pale Ale at home that was all together fire. Had to pop an anti acid just thinking about it!

There’s a local brewery that used to make a jalapeño and cilantro IPA, it was good, and reasonably priced, but they did away with it bc nobody liked it but me it seems!

That is not a beer. That is more like burrito jalapeno salsa.

... this is beer: Real trappist, brewed by Belgian monks.... Chimay is what I have in the fridge right now

upload_2019-6-11_11-18-6.png

The US has gotten quite good at recreating a lot of the Belgian style beer. A lot of “gateway” craft beers are Triples bc of the sweetness and higher ABVs. I got my hands on some Westleven 12s, and while I can respect the Quad style, wasn’t my favorites. I err on the side of German style.

It’s really interesting reading about how beverages (in my particular study, beer) shaped the world. There’s a great book called History of the World in 6 glasses, that is about wine, beer, spirits, coffee, tea, and cola. More technical, but very colorful is Randy Mosher’s “Tasting Beer,” who actually has a prehistoric trace 13k years ago, through to current day, which covers everything from louis Pasteur’s isolation of lager/ale yeast strains, to the spread availability of hops, and how refrigeration changed everything spurring the growth of the Industrial Revolution.

Personally, I prefer the Belgian Sours. I’d love to make a trip for Cantillion and do all the Lambics. I’d shove all the gueuze possible into my luggage and it still wouldn’t be enough!

Back