OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't want to derail your FS thread,but I'm just yankin' your tank leg I completely understand.

This tank is too good like I said on NR if this tank gets **** down,I'm never setting my tank up lol. But I'll set it up anyways even if it does happen one day. I still need to get my tank wet anyways....;Brb

Love the enthusiasm bro! I'm not taking it down! I'm literally just trimming everything back, getting rid of doubles, and starting to clear some space for some of that acro to grow grow grow! Honestly, even 8 SPS colonies in there would be a lot, and I have 40+ different SPS! It's going to look filled back in in no time, but I'll have backup in case something does happen in the move!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, arriving a little late to the party, but congratulations on the house and move.
I am glad you are keeping the tank as I do not want to go looking for another favourite.
Great photos as always.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, arriving a little late to the party, but congratulations on the house and move.
I am glad you are keeping the tank as I do not want to go looking for another favourite.
Great photos as always.

Haha. You’re to kind! I don’t really want to have to root around for a bigger tank until I’m ready for one! I’ve already done a little landscaping with the permission of the current owner, and I’m going to have my hands full of projects right off the bat once we take the keys.

I still have lots of baby snails crawling around. Corals are all growing, and I’ve been able to do a water change once every 3 weeks or so. With the recent addition of 2 fish (I don’t know if there is a correlation here or not) I have seen an increase in algae tufts, and the not as fun, fast growing bryopsis. About 8 months ago I bought some Fluconazole to use on some zoanthids I had added from a swap with some small amounts of bryopsis on them, but it disappeared.

I don’t intend to remove cheato, dragons breath, or any hair algae from my fuge turf scrubber, but I’m really hoping it doesn’t kill off the giant ball of dragons breath macro I am growing in the DT. I have taken 5 pills and mixed them in with a NSW bucket, and tomorrow they will be added with the water change after being fully dissolved overnight.

Anybody else have experience with Flucanozle? I’m goimy to take the cup off my skimmer, but that’s about it.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I used Flucon I didn't,probably should have but never did. It didn't take my bryopsis 110% away but it did kill a lot of it.

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconazole (reef flux) worked great for my bryopsis issues. Just be careful as my nutrients actually tanked after I used it and I ended up with Dino’s. In the future I would keep an eye on nutrient levels to make sure you don’t have issues which in turn cause other issues.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fluconazole (reef flux) worked great for my bryopsis issues. Just be careful as my nutrients actually tanked after I used it and I ended up with Dino’s. In the future I would keep an eye on nutrient levels to make sure you don’t have issues which in turn cause other issues.

That's what I figured was something to look out for, tanking nutrients. Last night I cleaned out my fuge, almost all my cheato, and pulled as much bryopsis as I could out manually.

I think I'll be in pretty good shape, I feed heavy, and often, and I've just upped my bio load with 2 additional fish.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I figured was something to look out for, tanking nutrients. Last night I cleaned out my fuge, almost all my cheato, and pulled as much bryopsis as I could out manually.

I think I'll be in pretty good shape, I feed heavy, and often, and I've just upped my bio load with 2 additional fish.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Not a problem I remember seeing your tank on nano-reef around the time I started my nano and it’s great to see how it’s progressed. Mine took a couple hits due to a move and a long vacation but it is coming along nicely now.
As for the nutrients I only had a single fish so my nutrient input was really low, you should be fine as you have a much higher nutrient input than I did when I dosed it. I also think my tank wasn’t mature enough to handle that big of a change. I’m dosing vibrant right now on my tank for bubble algae and knock on wood I haven’t seen any nutrient issues or detrimental effects other than to the algae.

len

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never turned my skimmer off,but it also went away soooo...idk if its more effective or not with or without a skimmer.

I'm picking up what you're putting down!

I didn't turn my skimmer off, but I did take the skimmer lid off. I also don't dose any additives sans ESV 2 part, but if I did I would stop during this time. I like to keep things a la natural!

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't dose a thing while I was using it,nothing got fed or anything either. I just did routine WC's and let everything munch on tank poo for about an hour then refilled the tank.

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did skimmer off for my treatment and as the other guys have said keep an eye on things :) I doubt you'll have any issues though with the small amount of bryopsis that you have :)

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
24 hours in. No sign of anything happening with the bryopsis, but snapped some pictures of the tank today.

48909364673_29fc6397b0_b.jpg

48909895641_c4b73ea016_b.jpg

48909363808_670f63c2a8_b.jpg

48910102807_05f60489e2_b.jpg

48910103502_a7c9a393c2_b.jpg

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nice! :D Nothing happens with the bryopsis then all of a sudden it's pure happiness watching it collapse on itself!
It will start getting pale then just fall apart. doesnt take too long though You should see it happening in the next day or so

Len

Absolutely unreal.

Lights came on today, and there is almost 0 signs it was even there. What I manually removed really helped I think, the remaining spots are very small, white, stringy, almost disintegrated and gone. All other macro algae still appears to be holding up fine. There is one small tuff of hair algae, I was not expecting the fluconazole to do anything there, but I have read reports that it will with higher dosages. Either way, just really jazzed on the effect on bryopsis only (at least for now!)

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad you posted in my thread or I wouldn’t of know about yours. Your tank looks great and is filling out nicely.

I really like your bare bottom and makes me wonder if I should of given mine more of a chance before I put sand in.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back