YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsulla

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks man, it’ll be nicer when it’s in the tank and all setup. Also, not the dream of my SO, but she’s very understanding of the greater goal!
haha so very true! And it makes a world of difference having a supportive SO when it comes to tanks! :) I've been lucky with our downstairs room and being able to do whatever I like in there haha

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a video I took last week of my goldflake angels in their observation tank. They are definitely getting better at being used to me being around, and almost "beg" for food now. They are chomping down on some LRS, but didn't seem to care for the blackworms. They also, oddly enough really like pellets and flakes, so I'm just feeding the tank enough food for a million fish to ensure they keep fat and healthy.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I took this QT time to go ahead and pull the frag rack out, cleaned everything up a little bit, what do you all think?

49705636108_f0c04ba731_k.jpg

49706489992_0a787b2d4a_k.jpg

49706170961_a72da1803b_k.jpg

49706171001_c11f7701cf_k.jpg

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to say where are the fish? Is it just the two clowns? Looks wonderful!

thanks! There’s 2 platinum clowns, a watchman goby and pistol shrimp pair, and a mandarin that flutters about. Everything but the clowns are rescues. I’m not a big fan of lids, so try and keep it simple.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On wheels too, fancyyy!!!

I’m still working out how I plan to finish the cement, the basement is all in one side right now, everything needs to be easily moved. Myback is sore between all the scrubbing and lifting.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still working out how I plan to finish the cement, the basement is all in one side right now, everything needs to be easily moved. Myback is sore between all the scrubbing and lifting.

I imagine a room with movable fragging tables, frag tanks, sump, etc for easy cleaning and reconfiguring as needed. The possibilities are endless!!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a lot to update, but here are my Goldflake Angelfish in their huge rubbermaid. They are slowly getting better about being around me. They are still very skittish, but when I turn off the flow, they come out and beg for food. As soon as the baster touches the water, they dart into the rockwork, but quickly come back out again to eat.

I did a water change after this video was taken, I have some red turf algae that I'm sure is a combination of the silicate on the dry rock that was added, and high phosphates from overfeeding nothing but live black worms and LRS. I'm planning on running some GFO on both tubs to nip it in the bud before I transfer into the DT.

Back