OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there! Fantastic tank, fingers crossed for your pup.

Oh no! Your pooch is in my thoughts... I hope everything is ok. Hang in there :-(

Thank you both. He's my oldest of 3 English Bulldogs (the one in my avatar) I got his blood work and lab work back this morning on the lump, and it appears to be a serious infection. This is actually great news, because it's more than likely not cancerous, and the antibiotics should nip it in the bud. Still not in the clear, but feeling so relieved that it's something we can beat.

I did lol at the my life is like a country song bit ;Joyful

You ever heard the joke "what do you get if you play a country song backwards?"

The answer is "your wife, your truck, your dog, your job...."

There are some good updates as well though, not all doom and gloom over here. I finally got my stand. Well, the shell of my stand, the trim and doors are still being finished, but now I can move the tank onto it. I still have to run electric, framing, drywall, and realistically am nowhere near close to setting it up.

I still have my two original fish that were in another container, my powder brown and the maroon clown that have been together for almost 14 years. I've also ordered my trio of pyramid butterflyfish, who will promptly be going into QT and medicated with the tang and clown, it's going to be hard to do, but I'm going to put everything through a 100% medicated QT from now on.

I ordered a calcium reactor, and I already have everything else I need (carbon doser, media, co2 tank, etc) to get that up and running. I also bought an Apex, so I'll have to get that going on the new tank as well.

As for the nano, I've already done 2 five gallon water changes, and I went in and pulled and cut all the RTN'ing colonies. It appears that the damage that was going to be done, has been done, and just about everything will jump back, but not without a ton of time, care, and caution.

We are healing over here, and that'll be OK for now.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's the end of this build. Tank will be getting picked up this weekend.

I had some serious reefing hardships over the past few months. One of them was my house sitter using tapwater to top off some of my tanks.

Many water changes (and months) later, the tank continues to grown coraline algae and thrive. I need to clean the sides, but most everything that survived the initial shock is bouncing back and running as usual. I also immediately migrated pieces to different tanks, I've still lost copious amounts of SPS. Even in the non affected tanks I've sold colonies and pieces that I simply don't have means to continue dosing/caring for with my work schedule just getting crazy and not enough equipment to ensure flawless operation.

I'm not getting out, just starting a new build, which is pending finishing my floor, framing, electric, and dry walling. Then careful planning to make sure it's as successful as what I've done here. I'm essentially caring for 5 different systems at the moment, and it's become draining. The biggest piece is I have a Calcium Reactor that I'll be running on the new tank, as well as an Apex and Triton. There's also enough room underneath my stand that I could sleep in there as well!

Once I financially recover I'll jump back into the SPS waters, but until then I'm going to focus on QT'ing my current fish and selling my remaining pieces to alleviate some of the stress.

Powder Brown Tang
Maroon Clown
A Platinum Clown Pair
Yellow Watchman Goby
A trio of Pyramid Butterflys
Emporator Angelfish

Thanks for all the following along, encouraging, likes, and sharing of information, once things slow down for me I'll be sure to create a thread for my new build

OR should I continue it here and change the title?

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say carry on here, keep the story going, it's all part of your reefing Journey!

Sorry for all your recent losses, atleast things have bounced back a bit. And good news on the pup, that's a big relief! :D Can't wait to see the next steps you take on the new build, remember, any reno questions just ask!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say carry on here, keep the story going, it's all part of your reefing Journey!

It's true, it already is a type of hybrid build thread.

Sorry for all your recent losses, at least things have bounced back a bit. And good news on the pup, that's a big relief! :D Can't wait to see the next steps you take on the new build, remember, any reno questions just ask!

I think that's the name of the game, I can only keep trying to set up fail safes to catch the unknowns in the future. I'm essentially consolidating and then building out, bigger, better, faster, and stronger, haha.

I'm very relieved about my old boy as well, he's still old, especially for an English Bulldog, but he's acting like a puppy again now that he's feeling better. We had the Orkin guy here for bi-monthly spraying/inspection, and Taco was pulling things out of his bag this morning.

I'm sure I'll have reno questions, it's just so dang hot here I'm not motivated to move fast!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Suuuuuurrrreeee

I'm sure I'll have reno questions, it's just so dang hot here I'm not motivated to move fast!

evidence for my comment above ;Bookworm;Writing

I'm very relieved about my old boy as well, he's still old, especially for an English Bulldog, but he's acting like a puppy again now that he's feeling better. We had the Orkin guy here for bi-monthly spraying/inspection, and Taco was pulling things out of his bag this morning.

That's fantastic! I mean, not for the Orkin guy lol If he made a big deal of it just mention there are dogs out there that would eat his tool bag, tools and all! Winter snagged one of the Plumbers Milwaukee 9.0 batteries and proceeded to chew the rubber off the bottom and put a bunch of teeth marks everywhere else. Needless to say I picked up a slighly used 9.0 battery for the very low price of a brand new 9.0 battery ;Greedy;Shifty

Wrangy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to see the end of this wonderful little tank!! But I'm glad that it's to make way for bigger and better things and more focused dedication too!

As much as I'd love for this thread to continue with all of the awesomeness in it, a new house and new build would be good to document from the beginning again :)

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad to see the end of this wonderful little tank!! But I'm glad that it's to make way for bigger and better things and more focused dedication too!

Bigger isn't always better, but in this case I think it will. I'm starting to think I might want to put it somewhere different now that I have the stand in.

As much as I'd love for this thread to continue with all of the awesomeness in it, a new house and new build would be good to document from the beginning again :)

We're one vote here, one vote moved!

The plot thickens!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Says the person that is going to try and mount an emu in a mountie uniform (I added that bit so subject to negotiation) at Glass Cages ranch! ;)

I think Mounted Emu in Mountie Uniform is deserving of it's own build, on some freaky forum out there, and I'm here for that kind of content.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back