YHSublime's Living Room Nano Peninsulla

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On it. I contacted our people and there is a emergency Emu meeting tomorrow.
hey i didn't get the memo..i just got these "stinkin" tee shirts ;) :cool:;Woot;Woot;Woot
WP_20200706_18_16_25_Pro.jpg

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I missed the emergency emu meeting. Darn it.

Well, tank still hasn't been picked up yet, but I did find some slight motivation to clean the glass. I suppose I should do a water change. There's enough downstairs sucking up the alk and calk I've had to start dosing, and I'm sure my alk is very low, but I dropped my hannah checker into the tub and it's not working anymore.

I still need to order plumbing materials for everything downstairs. That's not moving fast, I haven't even framed a wall yet, let alone thought about running electric. Or the floors. We are getting an AC installed next week, so goodbye window units. And money. Totally worth it for August in DC though.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
possibly soak checker in fresh water ,take apart let dry,maybe??? hopefully,worth a shot ;)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
one step at a time ,where we going in such a rush,right ;) :cool:

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So buyer ended up backing out of the nano, and then we got an HVAC installed, and I started breaking down the other big tank due to all the humidity and sweating duct work. That's on top of running two large dehumidifiers.

Decided to stick with the nano for now, although I'm really not feeling reefing in any kind of manner at the moment. I want to get excited about it, but until I have my basement cleared out and I can start focusing on one tank again, I'll be constantly shamed by the disarray of the nano.

Anyways, not everything died. Here's some unapologetic shots from this evening, it seems like I've forgotten how to take photos as well. I didn't clean the glass, the tanks been going for a while without maintenance. I top off the ATO box, and I feed, but that's about it. I did scrape the coraline off a few weeks ago, it's all back again.

When I get inspired, I plan to hook my Apex up to the nano. And get a custom built sump that only takes up half the space under the stand. Then I want to install my calcium reactor. And then start introducing some SPS back in.

Anyways, for now, this is the starting point:

50296346366_e70c512071_k.jpg

50296503807_fd994cc94e_k.jpg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey we all fall in a rut now and then,tank still looks great,the is a light at the end of every tunnel..kick back relax things will work the way they work;)best wishes:cool:

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Moving places brings this kind of distraction, away from reefing with so many things that are going on.
Especially if you have more than one hobby that is time consuming.

I hope the big tank is set up quickly. That will bring back some reefing mood.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really wish I had been able to get some of your sps off of you. You had some really nice pieces and I loved the hulk milli.

Yeah, a nub of it survived, growing in the middle of the tank again. I'm starting to see some pieces that I thought were completely dead show some signs of life again, with a little husbandry. I still lost A LOT.

hey we all fall in a rut now and then,tank still looks great,the is a light at the end of every tunnel..kick back relax things will work the way they work;)best wishes:cool:

Yeah, I guess, I should have been more specific with my house sitter. Relaxing is about the best idea!

Too busy BBQ'ing I think haha

The rollercoaster of life and reefing hey? I'm sure you'll have the nano stunning in no time though!

Yeah, lots of BBQ'ing these days! I'm slowly starting to get it back, although it needs a full 4 hours of housekeeping I think to get it looking presentable.

You’ll bounce back easy! Gosh I remember each and every tank build! My favorite was your desktop Pico! Simple and thriving! RBTA and a clown pair!

This Nano is still teaming with life! Looks great!

Thanks Mattie! I remember each one as well, I still miss the old 150, imagine if I had all the corals still!?

Moving places brings this kind of distraction, away from reefing with so many things that are going on.
Especially if you have more than one hobby that is time consuming.

I hope the big tank is set up quickly. That will bring back some reefing mood.

Yeah, between Covid and moving things got a little funky. And there are a few hobbies going on. This unfortunately was man made, and my house sitter used tap water in the ATO for a week and a half. Also decided to sell the big tank and focus back on the nano again, made more sense, and was having new found humidity issues in the basement.

Here is the tank this afternoon, unkempt, and overgrown. You can see corals have started growing up the side of the glass, and every week I have to scrape the weirs in the overflow, or the GSP covers it up. Pretty much just feeding, water changes once a week, and talking about how I'm going to get in there and straighten everything out. I've pulled most of the dead SPS that is officially gone, but still have a few that need to be yoinked.

The frag rack consists of 3 SPS frags that survived on the original rack. I have no idea what they are, but they all turned a shade of green.

Anyway, unapologetically:

50438364602_335c91c444_k.jpg

50438364732_6c3fd0c445_k.jpg

Back