YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See back and beautiful like I said!! :D

We must be synced up, I was actually doing a water change while you were posting this! And then I decided to break out the ol' bone cutters and start taking down some of the very obviously dead SPS. And then I was feeling SO motivated, I filled the dosing containers back up.

I still have to scrape the coral off the side glass, but part of me enjoys the concept of creating this coral covered box. Remember when the GSP ran wild on the floor?

44348086160_1cf8e53f2f_k.jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,what's going on?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
gottcha, thought somthing was happening rt now ;) :cool:

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly, week by week, water change by water change, getting this back into shape. A lot of the acro is starting to look healthy again, which means I'm going to start probably testing again. I'm going to refrain from throwing an acro pack in there, but certainly am itching to do so.

50524346511_9e304c9cba_k.jpg

Here's my watchman goby. I call it Mad Eye Moody, it's only got one. This was a rescue fish, but slowly has become a tank favorite. It's always hungry.

50524516937_e327de4af8_k.jpg

Here's an aussie elegance I picked up a month + ago. I didn't think I had the space for it, but it seems to be happy right where it is, so I'm going to let it go.

50524346916_9fd1a17e9e_k.jpg

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice to see those tips on the acro in first pic :cool:

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're getting back in business over here. I finally scraped all the calcium deposits at the lip of the tank (or was it salt?) and cleaned the glass, it's a whole new world. I adjusted my lights (down actually!) and have kept up with a 5 gallon water change weekly. Now that the winter is here the ATO is needing less, and I'm starting to enjoy the day to day routines again.

So much so I went out and got an SPS frag pack, I know, I know, a whole month and a half before I said I'd even think about it. But I'm only so strong. I picked up a bunch of SPS I used to have, some Orange Passion, Homewrecker, Cherry Bomb, some of that good stuff.

50588339097_a93b02ea5f_k.jpg

Also, in a half attempt to open up some space, sold one of the rocks that had a birdsnest colony on it in the back of the tank by the overflow. I'm tempted to sell my Space Invader Pectinia rock as well to clear up even more space, but having a hard time determining if that would be too much, or just right. Also possible plans/agenda, get rid of the bubble coral up front and center as well as the octospawn on the floor in the back. The front of the tank is starting to turn into a jungle on the floor bed, of Digi, Chalice, porites, and assorted higher end montiporas. While I didn't intend for this to be a problem for a long time, I believe it will be sooner than anticipated. The other side of the main rock structure also has had a boom of Jedi Mind Trick montipora come back, which I thought I had gotten rid of. Originally, the there was an aggressive acropora there that was keeping it at bay, but it's had free reign since the crash. Oye vey.

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stunning!!! I'm glad you're feeling the hobby again.

Thanks! And same!

So basically, LPS has to go to make place for more SPS frag packs... I like your thinking

Pretty much exactly what has happened already!

awesome looking tank per usual! I have a YWG as well i got as wee lil fellow. Love their spots and perching all over the bottom 1/3 of the tank.

Thanks! Yeah, loves the bottom mostly!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m starting to get some zoa morphs, can you see them? The ones that look like a variation of Sunny D’s were sold to me as JF Fairy Tales. The others are WWC Twizzlers, that basically invaded the whole rock with some version of bam bams or I can’t even remember. Anyways, natures crazy.
B34AE06D-7A77-463A-B626-3E393DF8CB6C.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m starting to get some zoa morphs, can you see them? The ones that look like a variation of Sunny D’s were sold to me as JF Fairy Tales. The others are WWC Twizzlers, that basically invaded the whole rock with some version of bam bams or I can’t even remember. Anyways, natures crazy.
B34AE06D-7A77-463A-B626-3E393DF8CB6C.jpeg

That's pretty wild! Things are looking good thought, glad you're getting back into it! Keep on trucking!

OP
OP
YHSublime

YHSublime

Reefopotamus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty wild! Things are looking good thought, glad you're getting back into it! Keep on trucking!

Thanks, starting to pay attention, and catching crazy things like this. Just water changes and basic maintenance, there really isn’t room for anything else at this stage!

Back