Yikes...rust brown flatworms?

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there so I recently siphoned a flatworm off my glass on my tank last week and really didn’t think anything of it. Today cleaning the tank noticed some brown spots on my rocks..siphoned them off and to my horror I found a handful of flatworms on the same rock. Will attach crappy pics but I’m thinking they look like rust brown/red flatworms. I have an all soft coral 20 gallon with one fungia plate. How should I proceed with this? Should I hire a baby wrasse to help or flatworm exit? I’m not panicking yet but would rather not leave it alone if they reach plague proportions... thank you.
I do have a swissguard basslet but not sure if it would be interested in the flatworms lol.

9DF9084E-444E-4918-A876-09C631C5EA28.jpeg 9A1F860C-53C5-4C1C-973C-52A7A0F183A0.jpeg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would first try to remove as many as you can off the glass and rock. Then try flat worm exit. Be sure to follow the instructions. Be ready for a big water change as soon, or if you see any thing weird going on.
If they come back them a natural predator will be needed.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would first try to remove as many as you can off the glass and rock. Then try flat worm exit. Be sure to follow the instructions. Be ready for a big water change as soon, or if you see any thing weird going on.
If they come back them a natural predator will be needed.
I could only find like 5 in the whole tank, removed them all. Will get flatworm exit and use that making sure I pay close attention :) thank you

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back