• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

You DON'T get what you see at Live Aquaria's Diver's Den

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a large order from Live Aquaria, partially composing of fish from Diver's Den. I bought what was called Freckled Angler from Diver's Den. I thought, wow this fish is pretty cool - and its nice that its from Diver's Den because the fish is supposed to be healthier than from other places.

This is the picture of the fish that I ordered:
1617062252120.png

But this is what I received: A fish with a broken mouth!

1617062358788.png

1617062410891.png

At first they weren't sure if it was a broken mouth and gave me a live guarantee extension until April 6th... Then they told me that it is
indeed broken and likely broken during shipping and told me I should treat it (which of course, I knew that). They didn't offer anything to compensate
for the fact that the fish I received looked nothing like the fish picture in the fact that it is damaged!

I reached out again, asking them why they there's no compensation other than a live guarantee extension, and they have not gotten back to me on that.

Like seriously, IT'S CALLED WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!
You'd think they would compensate for the fact that I received something that ISN'T what was seen naturally?

Apparently not!

I got a product that is literally broken and I receive no incentive but a guarantee extension? How insulting!

It's a living creature!

As of this moment, I highly advise against ordering from Live Aquaria's Diver's Den if you are thinking about getting a fish.
They don't seem eager to uphold their WYSIWYG promise, which is honestly quite insulting considering the price
markup on all the fish on Diver's Den!

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a large order from Live Aquaria, partially composing of fish from Diver's Den. I bought what was called Freckled Angler from Diver's Den. I thought, wow this fish is pretty cool - and its nice that its from Diver's Den because the fish is supposed to be healthier than from other places.

This is the picture of the fish that I ordered:
1617062252120.png

But this is what I received: A fish with a broken mouth!

1617062358788.png

1617062410891.png

At first they weren't sure if it was a broken mouth and gave me a live guarantee extension until April 6th... Then they told me that it is
indeed broken and likely broken during shipping and told me I should treat it (which of course, I knew that). They didn't offer anything to compensate
for the fact that the fish I received looked nothing like the fish picture in the fact that it is damaged!

I reached out again, asking them why they there's no compensation other than a live guarantee extension, and they have not gotten back to me on that.

Like seriously, IT'S CALLED WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!
You'd think they would compensate for the fact that I received something that ISN'T what was seen naturally?

Apparently not!

I got a product that is literally broken and I receive no incentive but a guarantee extension? How insulting!

It's a living creature!

As of this moment, I highly advise against ordering from Live Aquaria's Diver's Den if you are thinking about getting a fish.
They don't seem eager to uphold their WYSIWYG promise, which is honestly quite insulting considering the price
markup on all the fish on Diver's Den!
@BloopFish We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with the Freckled Angler. The fish likely rubbed its jaw against the bag causing the injury during shipping. After review of your images, the jaw does not appear to be broken. Anglers are known for this behavior due to their aggressive nature. We do recommend quarantining the angler until the jaw is healed. We have extended your warranty to April 6th to ensure a line of communication remains open regarding the health of the specimen. Please provide us with an updated picture of the Angler on April 6th so we can review to see if a further extension is needed. As a goodwill gesture, we have placed a $30.00 credit on you file for the injury during shipment. We hope the fish will heal quickly and we look forward to hearing from you with updates.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BloopFish

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BloopFish Hello, REDACTED. We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with the Freckled Angler. The fish likely rubbed its jaw against the bag causing the injury during shipping. After review of your images, the jaw does not appear to be broken. Anglers are known for this behavior due to their aggressive nature. We do recommend quarantining the angler until the jaw is healed. We have extended your warranty to April 6th to ensure a line of communication remains open regarding the health of the specimen. Please provide us with an updated picture of the Angler on April 6th so we can review to see if a further extension is needed. As a goodwill gesture, we have placed a $30.00 credit on you file for the injury during shipment. We hope the fish will heal quickly and we look forward to hearing from you with updates.
Hello,

I am positive that there is a gap that indicates that there is a broken bone in the angler's mouth. I have attached a crudely illustrated diagram indicating it. The two white exposed bone pieces are fragmented, with a visible gap in it. You can compare this picture with another one I am attaching. Clearly these two white bone pieces are moving as the fish breathes. Also, please do not mention my personal information in this forum. That is between you and me. I am quite disappointed you mentioned my name because it is a very unique one and that can lead me to be doxxed. This is eluded to by the fact that the terms of service mentions to remove personal info in corresponding you post. Please remove it immediately, I value my privacy. I hope you value your customer's privacy.

1617122961376.png

1617122978588.png

OP
OP
BloopFish

BloopFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for removing it. I understand that it was just a mistake. In addition, I will post update photos once the deadline approaches.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for removing it. I understand that it was just a mistake. In addition, I will post update photos once the deadline approaches.
@BloopFish Yes, we apologize for adding your first name. Thank you, we look forward to the updates and thank you again for your care and concern for the animal.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back