You think about buying corals more than raising what you have
I Should Go Reaction GIF by Bounce

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All family vacations are planned to allow for visits to a LFS, a snorkeling site, or a to collect a new piece of equipment, livestock for the reef tank.
I thought this was the deal. I always make time to visit an LFS or two when I travel or go on vacation.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All family vacations are planned to allow for visits to a LFS, a snorkeling site, or a to collect a new piece of equipment, livestock for the reef tank.

I thought this was the deal. I always make time to visit an LFS or two when I travel or go on vacation.
My wife have a vacation agreement. She gets to sleep in a couple mornings, I go diving. And both of us like to window shop at new LFS.
When you are at the LFS store and you hear one of the staff give bad advice because they are trying to push sales and you dont butt in.
I've actually been asked to leave a "LFS" I call it Aquarium Misadventure. I stood there sorta eavesdropping on a employee who was giving a young couple absolutely horrible advice on a new setup. The old "sure, you can just take these fish with you and put them in as soon as you get saltwater in it", compatibility issues (lionfish with small gobies, etc), the list goes on. As soon as he walked away to get a net, I told them as quickly as I could to wait a couple days and do some research online, including this site. The employee overheard the last of it and told me that I had no business telling them anything and I was to leave immediately. OK! BYE!!!

I ran into them several months later at a real LFS. They recognized me and thanked me for the help. They would have wasted hundreds of dollars and killed way too many hapless fish in the process.

OP
OP
I

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My wife have a vacation agreement. She gets to sleep in a couple mornings, I go diving. And both of us like to window shop at new LFS.

I've actually been asked to leave a "LFS" I call it Aquarium Misadventure. I stood there sorta eavesdropping on a employee who was giving a young couple absolutely horrible advice on a new setup. The old "sure, you can just take these fish with you and put them in as soon as you get saltwater in it", compatibility issues (lionfish with small gobies, etc), the list goes on. As soon as he walked away to get a net, I told them as quickly as I could to wait a couple days and do some research online, including this site. The employee overheard the last of it and told me that I had no business telling them anything and I was to leave immediately. OK! BYE!!!

I ran into them several months later at a real LFS. They recognized me and thanked me for the help. They would have wasted hundreds of dollars and killed way too many hapless fish in the process.
I’ve done that once before as well but not as severe as your situation. I think that puts you into the ‘reef friend’ and not reef jerk category though LOL

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there used to be one of those on long island (NY)...beautiful store, amazing inventory...all fw tanks plumbed together...never got a fish there that didnt have ick

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you have no issues spending $800 a month on corals, but give your wife a hard time when she shops at Whole foods and pays the premium compared to other food stores.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back