You know you're really into reefing if...and other conversations

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong person. Divorced over 10 years and GF ( traded her for coral) . . . . well GF. . . . . let her go as she was spending my bill money on garbage and the drinking thing. I'll leave it at that

Well that was meant as a joke I didn't know about all that. Been there done that but I was dumb enough to do it again. My 1st cost me 105k in loss in 1yr my current father in law is my accountant ;Nailbiting

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wrong person. Divorced over 10 years and GF ( traded her for coral) . . . . well GF. . . . . let her go as she was spending my bill money on garbage and the drinking thing. I'll leave it at that

Ah yes the "my girlfriend ran off with an Amway salesman - I'm going to miss him" j/k Love that you traded her for coral, we know who got the better deal...lol

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know you're really into reefing if...
Your neighbors know who you are because you have the house with all them "bright blue lights".

Lol. That’s SO true. I live in a pretty remote place and I swear you can see my house from space!

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local police have visited me a couple of times also thinking I had a grow room - also seeing people leave with small bags.. nosy neighbors!

I’m in CO. It’s legal here
I think everyone believes I’m some kind of mad scientist.

RtomKinMad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local police have visited me a couple of times also thinking I had a grow room - also seeing people leave with small bags.. nosy neighbors!
Our neighbors called police too. Police came in and took a tour of our three tanks- 2x300gal and one 93 cube!

OP
OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My daughter in law was telling a story yesterday about her overhearing my grandson who's in 5th grade talking to a friend of his.. He was listening to him talking about his dad's aquariums and the fish he had when my grandson spoke up and said, "Well, my Grandpa has a SALTWATER tank!!"

OP
OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife has stopped wondering if I'm chatting with a girlfriend...she knows I'm on R2R! Which she prefers to me being on the BRS website...that site can get expensive, those membership dues are really, really high.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The "Tang Police" no long strike you as busy-bodies self-righteously publicly shaming anyone posting pictures of juvenile tangs in small tanks but instead are now simply educating new aquarium hobbyists on the prevention of mistreatment of a beautiful species that needs abundant room to live happily.

Roger D

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m getting there. However I’m already past the betta keeping addiction of walking in ANY store and saying “I could totally keep a fish in there.” To the point if I don’t, family thinks something’s wrong lol. Now it’s “I wonder if that would fit over my filter sock as a silencer”
Extend your drain pipe to below water level.

Hijinks_78

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You constantly rationalize new things that you “need”. Is my life really complete without a a clown harem? How hard could nfs corals be, maybe I should give them a try? And many other thoughts that will cause me aggravation eventually...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back