OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finding it very hard to keep to my "all peaceful, all reef safe, no invert hunting allowed" reef tank goals. Keep getting tempted by the thinking...maybe the flame hawk fish I get will be a good one, or the clown goby I get won't nibble on my sps and the toughest one...one captive-bred ocellaris clown won't get territorial and damage my duncan or euphyllias , right?

OP
OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You judge a test kit by whether it has glass or plastic test vials.

So maybe it's not the only criteria...but sure is nice when it feels more a test kit for a reef tank than a toy. I mean c'mon, I spend hundreds of dollars* on my tank I can expect glass vials, right?

* married reefer dollars...if you don't know the conversion then you're not married....if you do, you know how to stay married.

Last edited:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You judge a test kit by whether it has glass or plastic test vials.

So maybe it's not the only criteria...but sure is nice when it feels more a test kit for a reef tank than a toy. I mean c'mon, I spend hundreds of dollars* on my tank I can expect glass vials, right?

* married reefer dollars...if you don't know the conversion then you're not married....if you do, you know how to stay married.
Haha! #truth

OP
OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You owe your home, your marital bliss and your sanity to a little 10 dollar plastic device.

The float switch for failures aquatic
With my spigot recall problematic
For I often need gallons
But my spouse has her talons
Prevents injuries my body traumatic

OP
OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wonder how your BRS shopping cart got so full, so fast...I mean it was only a test kit or two, an RODI valve, needed to have more salt of course, and yeah, really wanted to try that flow meter and I'm due for an ICP test, and there's a....

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite spot in the house used to be my leather recliner in front of the TV. Now it's the bar stool in front of the tank. Priorities!
This...so much this! My hubby hates watching movies with me now...the tank is in the same area so I stare at that instead! Haha

Leslie Tabor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our neighbors called police too. Police came in and took a tour of our three tanks- 2x300gal and one 93 cube!
I don't have this problem...my reefing got the whole neighborhood involved taking the front windows out to use a forklift to move my 380 gal tank into the basement! Neighbors that have never spoken to us were coming out to see what the heck I was up to! Lol

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You Know You're Into Reefing when: ...E) You're at work answering threads on R2R

Busted! I'm on break/at lunch. Yea... that's it. Break... lunch... Lunch break...

Or... when you can justify doubling your already inflated budget on that new calcium reactor by telling yourself how hard two-part dosing is to maintain. Original budget < $500... Actual spent >$900. Ouch... but I'll never have to mix Randy's two-part again so it's all good.

OP
OP
Quietman

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have your day made when your phosphates are .02 ppm and you haven't done testing in a week and have been "guessing" about your Phosphate RX drops. Am I 'in tune' with my tank or just lucky? Let's go with a little bit of both.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back