You might be a reefer if…

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be a reefer if you have dedicated sections in your freezer and fridge for fish and coral foods... and a legitimate fear that one day an unfortunate family member will mistake your liquid ArctiPods for sweet and sour sauce...
(You also might be a reefer if your fish have more variety in their diet than you do). :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
My fish eat better than me!

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be a reefer if the police have showed up, because you have "grow lights" going all day in your living room. -- True story.

Had to explain to the po po that grow lights are red, and fish lights are blue. They did enjoy looking at the tank, and now I know my local police much better.
Sounds like you are living in tyranny.

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're constantly doing this...
Throw Away Make It Rain GIF
^^This^^ So true!!! It's amazing how my perception of expensive has changed going from freshwater to saltwater. I don't know when $150 for a fish or coral or some hardware gizmo suddenly seems like a good deal. Haha. My former freshwater self would be hitting my current saltwater self over the head to get my brain straight about this! :)

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be a reefer if your sleeves are wet with saltwater at 7 am cuz you just had to adjust the powerhead a tad before work
I am psychologically unable to keep my hands out of my tank. I'm sure my fish are like "OMG, she's invading our space yet again". Haha.

jazzfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a foam fish cooler in your car at all times in case you pick up something when getting water
Or you make your SO walk all the way across Barcelona Spain to see a aquarium store.

Attachments

• 70ACAECD-D992-4192-A1F5-8BB6C484A14D.jpeg
    70ACAECD-D992-4192-A1F5-8BB6C484A14D.jpeg
    249.2 KB · Views: 19

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you are living in tyranny.
Not tyranny, this was before weed was basically legal everywhere. And my light rack can be seen through my front windows when people walk by. I actually found it quite funny.

If all your emails are from online sellers, and LFS's.

jmichaelh7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
You might be a reefer if:
You have a horde of salt buckets you aren't too inclined to get rid of because its a bucket, and you never know.
Or
You start talking to your wife about Alkalinity and Calcium, or ppm and ppt and ppb and shes just got this look like, how much is it gonna cost now....
Lol

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not tyranny, this was before weed was basically legal everywhere. And my light rack can be seen through my front windows when people walk by. I actually found it quite funny.

If all your emails are from online sellers, and LFS's.
Still sounds like tyranny. What you do in your home is your business. The police hassling you because you MIGHT be doing something wrong is no excuse.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I suppose the local drug dealer selling drugs out of his house, and being busted is living tyranny?

Next time someone calls the police on your local drug dealer, who's selling drugs out of his house(cause what he does in his home is his business) is tyranny?

What country, and delusional world do you live in?

If your not doing anything illegal, what do you have to fear? I let them in, made a cup of coffee, and we talked about the tank for a good hour or so. I got one of the guys into the hobby because he liked my tank so much. Were good friends to this day actually. I call that a good deed, not tyranny.

In the sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be a reefer if the police have showed up, because you have "grow lights" going all day in your living room. -- True story.

Had to explain to the po po that grow lights are red, and fish lights are blue. They did enjoy looking at the tank, and now I know my local police much better.
So my old primes won’t work

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back