You might be a reefer if…

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, they would need a warrant, but I invited them in. I personally find that a warped way of thinking. If you have nothing to hide, why wouldn't you let them in instead of causing more problems?

The police are not your friend? Thats surly a warped way of thinking, and shows just how much this world has changed. I hope you never need them when your being robbed, or someone breaks into your home. You know since they are not your friend.

I live in a small town and actually went to school with 99% of our police force, so yes they are my friends. I've actually gotten out of speeding tickets just by being kind and respectful to the officer when being pulled over.

Sorry but your way of thinking is whats warped, and shows just whats wrong with this country, and this new way of thinking that every police officer is out to just screw everyone over, and has a god complex. Yeah lets defund the police while were at it, so the psychos can run free.
What is warped is you jumped to the conclusion that protecting your 4th amendment rights is some how a political statement about defunding law enforcement.

40 years I have managed to defend my own family and home, I imagine I can make it at least another 30. And, if something is stolen while I'm away; the insurance company is more useful than the effort the police put into solving crime.

I've also gotten warning while speeding, just by giving them my insurance, registration, and license. It is nothing special.

Some friends you have there, demanding to inspect your home and accusing you of commiting a crime. With friends like that who needs enemies.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be a reefer if:
You have a horde of salt buckets you aren't too inclined to get rid of because its a bucket, and you never know.
Or
You start talking to your wife about Alkalinity and Calcium, or ppm and ppt and ppb and shes just got this look like, how much is it gonna cost now....
I am so glad its my wife's fault we got into the hobby, i will never have to worry about this haha

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still sounds like tyranny. What you do in your home is your business. The police hassling you because you MIGHT be doing something wrong is no excuse.
In my county they fly drones that detect grow lights through your roof. Also recreational weed is legal here. Go figure.

Pretty sure its used as an excuse to just target people they want to bother.

Tathamet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C42F9065-2031-41B1-84E1-415F5EA519B3.jpeg

Ceiling sagged about 6 inches (had to poke a hole to drain it), pouring onto the washer and dryer and also leaked through this room into the basement ‍lol.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be a reefer if you design a room for maximum aquarium capapcity
When I was looking for my current house, I would my realtor pretty quickly caught on that I'd need a space in my living room for my tank. The first few houses, I was thinking out loud and muttered comments like "I don't see a good place for it.., well maybe over here... I could cover that window... "

(And now, I see that I need to move because the perfect place for my current tank isn't, perfect for my new one! Lol!!)

treebear87

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might b a reefer of you have a bathroom that smells like fish
Or you might be a Reefer if your constantly washing "salty" bath towels. Lol
D
…Said to oldest child last night “can you grab me those towels out of the dryer…”

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be a reefer if ...

... Jehovah's Witnesses come to your door and THEY LEAVE WITH MORE MATERIALS like latest Reef Hobbyist Magazine and Aquarium Hobbyist Magazine than they left with you...

Less then 10 mins ago Isabella and her mom Norma left me with only their business card (and no they do not have enough space for our next 2023 local Frag Swap). They will read and pass along the magazines - I am still giggling so definitely an uplifting experience!

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not tyranny, this was before weed was basically legal everywhere. And my light rack can be seen through my front windows when people walk by. I actually found it quite funny.

If all your emails are from online sellers, and LFS's.
I would probably be thrilled about the cops coming to my house for this reason! Hahaha I’m always wanting to show off my tank and it wouldn’t hurt to have some new friends who could help out in an emergency.

Steph72

Tang Mom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be a reefer if ...

... Jehovah's Witnesses come to your door and THEY LEAVE WITH MORE MATERIALS like latest Reef Hobbyist Magazine and Aquarium Hobbyist Magazine than they left with you...

Less then 10 mins ago Isabella and her mom Norma left me with only their business card (and no they do not have enough space for our next 2023 local Frag Swap). They will read and pass along the magazines - I am still giggling so definitely an uplifting experience!
That’s great!!!! Lol

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a foam fish cooler in your car at all times in case you pick up something when getting water
Or you make your SO walk all the way across Barcelona Spain to see a aquarium store.

O H M Y G O S H...... this is such a wonderful idea!!!!!! I just put a cooler in the trunk of my car because I've wished I had an insulated bag zillions of times (its TX-always too hot) but never do I think of it in advance... YOU ARE THE BEST for sharing this tip!!!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
…Said to oldest child last night “can you grab me those towels out of the dryer…”

I have ... Fish Room Towels ... color coordinated with fish room (and office... but rarely do we refer to the room as my office since the other side of room (and now 55g middle of room!) is 180 gallon main tank)

EDIT - Walmart has towels cheap, so something you might suggest your family gets you for Christmas or other upcoming gift opportunities!

Last edited:

Sink_or_Swim

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have a foam fish cooler in your car at all times in case you pick up something when getting water
Or you make your SO walk all the way across Barcelona Spain to see a aquarium store.
...or a couple foam coolers, lol - this was my car yesterday after stopping into my fav lfs for fish food. I MAY have left with $440 worth of coral and fish, and now I have even more coolers... (yeah, should've seen the hubby's face when I walked into the house with these, lol). I guess you might also be a reefer if you spend every work bonus at your lfs!

Attachments

• 20221022_133502.jpg
    20221022_133502.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 17

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some friends you have there, demanding to inspect your home and accusing you of commiting a crime. With friends like that who needs enemies.
Nobody demanded anything. Get off your high horse already.

NVM I see your from texas.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back