You Saw Them at MACNA⁠—Now They're IN STOCK!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Just when i thought i was to broke to go on....
... there emerged a trio of algae scrubbers that inspired you to keep hustling! :p

So would the small(80 gal) work for reefer 350? 91 gal total, 73 gallon display?
It will totally work. The best parts are it's the most affordable and compact of the three.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Are these placed in the sump or external?
IceCap Algae Scrubbers are designed to be mounted above your sump so that the water flowing through the unit can drain back into your normal filtration system. Water can be fed into the scrubber by a standalone pump, via a manifold, or through the drain of your display tank.

Here is a picture of a prototype version we are still running in our office so you can get an idea of how one might place it in their sump:

mfollen

View Badges
Reaction score
Can these light brackets or bracket screws rust?

I’ve had a different brand that did.

Thank you.

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Can these light brackets or bracket screws rust?

I’ve had a different brand that did.

Thank you.
The screws are not made of metal, so you are good there!

The light brackets have a powder-coated finish to protect them, but it's still a good idea to clean them regularly to prevent corrosion.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Very nice. I think I want one. Have you considered coming up with some sort of a mounting options so they sit above the sump properly?

Last edited:
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Very nice. I think I want one. Have you considered coming up with some sort of a mounting options so they said above the sump properly?
Nice! I haven't heard anything about a mount myself, but I am checking on it just to be sure!

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Very nice. I think I want one. Have you considered coming up with some sort of a mounting options so they said above the sump properly?
I have confirmed we have a new sump model in the works that allows the scrubber to be easily mounted and one of our team members is testing it now!

mfollen

View Badges
Reaction score
Interested as well, any tentative details on what makes it a sump model to share?

OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
Jeff@CoralVue

[email protected]

Proud R2R Sponsor
View Badges
Reaction score
Interested as well, any tentative details on what makes it a sump model to share?
That may have been a poor choice of words on my part. I meant to say that we are working on a new sump design that will make it easier to mount a scrubber.

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
That may have been a poor choice of words on my part. I meant to say that we are working on a new sump design that will make it easier to mount a scrubber.
Curious to see it, but for us Red Sea folks, it would need to flow right to left. Any planned option for that?

GHL Advanced Technology
Waterbox Aquariums: The Finest Aquariums