You think 10% OFF is enough to get you to buy on BLACK FRIDAY DEALS?

TastesLikeChicken

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the mistake of buying things at normal price during the pre Black Friday sale not thinking that they would go on sale during the Black Friday sale. That ticked me off.

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed and I have a feeling that the sales will increase as the holidays continue. Right now they are just getting the big spenders, once those sales are made they will increase the sales for the people that are waiting.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed and I have a feeling that the sales will increase as the holidays continue. Right now they are just getting the big spenders, once those sales are made they will increase the sales for the people that are waiting.
They will increase the amount of brands, but not the % off already offered

glency

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You think 10% OFF is enough to get you to buy on BLACK FRIDAY DEALS?

.... i think its pathetic and NOT a reason to buy. 10$ off is like getting free shipping

Tired Excuse Me GIF by Spotify

No thanks
Negs. Maybe in a regular day. But Black Friday I’m looking for the vendor that’s doing 40% or more.

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought an apex today at BRS for the $100 something off. Did I F up?

I believe the rest of the week is DOS/DDR, EB832 and LED GRO lights. I'm only going by emails that I have received from various vendors and I don't have any inside knowledge.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If wanted something and 10% discount was best that was getting offered after looking at prices on different sites then sure I take the 10% discount .
But if just wanted to buy something that wasn't going to use right away then no way would buy it at 10% discount and even more so if say was a £ 500 set of lights or even a £ 75 hannah checker as if it had a 1 year warranty and I bought it just to sit in a box not getting used then warranty already started counting down and couldnt tell a manufacturer we'll I bought it just over 1 year ago but didn't start using till 6 months ago so only lasted 6 months so you must fix it as still in warranty as they go tell yo to suck eggs lol but if was like 50% discount I may run the risk of buying something expensive just to sit unused for a length of time as just because something is expensive doesn't mean it won't break ^_^

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I bought an apex today at BRS for the $100 something off. Did I F up?

Yes, because every online vendor has that same discount. You basically got 2-3% off because BRS charges tax.......that was your mistake.

By not choosing a vendor that doesn't charge tax which many don't, you lost 7-8% discount.

I seldom use BRS because of this............ they also often charge more than other online vendors for products that don't have MAP pricing.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, because every online vendor has that same discount. You basically got 2-3% off because BRS charges tax.......that was your mistake.

By not choosing a vendor that doesn't charge tax which many don't, you lost 7-8% discount.

I seldom use BRS because of this............ they also often charge more than other online vendors for products that don't have MAP pricing.
Example, instant ocean regular and reef crystal is $10 less a bucket than brs sale price, plus free shipping on another pet supply online store. Always shop around.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing close enough for me to spend money I don’t have on stuff I don’t need. I will tell you that I did buy from saltwater aquarium.com for one of the sales because I was in the market for Hanna checkers anyway, but none of this has caused me to accelerate ANY of my discretionary / stocking up purchases. I really am flat out annoyed with the gimmicky marketing crap to the point that I am actually trying to avoid buying from any MAP retailers.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some Map products can be worth it like Tunze, ATI, or Reefbrite which have 15 & 20% off.
Agree. If you were already in the market..but if you didn’t need any of these, would that make you buy it (upgrade, backup or your current equipment is nearing end of life but you could squeak out another year)?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze did 20 percent off one year. I don’t think they have dropped their sale yet for this year? Maybe they will do that again. It was the one actual good brand that did a decent percent off.

But ya 10ish is standard for every year. It’s not surprising if you been in the hobby a few years.

I mostly just get things I need like stock up on 2 part or carbon and bulbs cuz might as well.

Saltwateraquarium.com did put $20 in points on my account and since they have free shipping for anything… that’s basically actually a free 20 bucks so that was actually the best part for me this year.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back