Your 2019 Reef: Tell us what you have planned!

Do you have BIG reefing plans for 2019?

• YES, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 186 50.7%
  • NO

Votes: 146 39.8%
  • Maybe, click the link and tell us!

Votes: 35 9.5%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
2019 is speeding towards us like a algae bloom after your kid dumps a jar of fish food in your tank! :p I was hoping you all might share what things you have planned for your reef in 2019 and what excites you the most!

So what are your reefing plans for 2019?

Untitled-1.jpg

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is an exciting year...

I moved at the end of 2107, and could not get my tank back up fast enough to save my corals due to an electrical issue in the planned room.

My 210 gallon was restarted with only my three surviving fish (2 7 year old clowns, and a huge pajama Cardinal.)

Everything else is coming in 2019!

I will be adding fish and corals as the budget allows. I have spent the end of 2018 making sure I have all of my QT setup perfected, and have all of the recomended medications on hand. I also plan to try culturing some phytoplankton and copepods...

I am VERY excited for 2019!

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potentially moving at the beginning of the year which has me terrified to move my tank. Other then that, watch my corals grow and finish adding fish. Maybe convince the wife we need a bigger tank.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well since you asked:D
I am planning a new build in my den. My wife is tired of a tank in her living room. So after a year of explaining its too hard to move in one day and that it would be easier to set up a NEW tank and move the livestock she yelled.... JUST DO IT! :D I must say I feel a little guilty abut the deception ...I could have done it in TWO:rolleyes:

reacclimating 2 the hobby

patience is... oh look an acro pack fs!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only the tank I won from the Partner Member Drawing... moved in this weekend from the 40g. Now the short waiting game. Follow along as I'll be looking for member input. Couldn't have won it without everyone.

525xl2.jpg

525xl.jpg

mch1984

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If all goes as planned, I will be starting my garage take over. I hope to include a 350 display and a saltwater lagoon/pond with predators (undecided on size), 100 gallons or so of frag tanks all tied in together on one sump. I probably wont be able to get started till the middle of 2019 but I'm working towards it for sure.

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure this counts as big :

90g which was converted to SPS reef recently - by mid 2019 I hope this tank will be stocked more or less. I just have one fish and a few frags in it for now. My tanks are always mixed reefs, over the past few months or so I've tried harder to theme them.

112g main display : A few more small fish to complete the reef if you will. There isn't a lot of space for new corals but I will find a way to jam some in somehow.

10g nano reef - this tank is for sexy shrimp, I hope to finally get around to catching one with eggs and attempting to raise the babies. I really want to try breeding something.

Who knows what else will happen. While nothing big is planned it wouldn't surprise me if something big somehow happens.

U

User1

View Badges
Said no, negative ghost rider... Sadly outside finishing what I've already started with the upgrade and migration I just have busy work like finishing the canopy and skin the stand. I'll be adding and additional row of custom lighting but that isn't anything new per say. So I said no because this was already in flight and the tank is maturing.

One of the draw backs of using dry rock that has to mature. The dreaded "P" word (patience) is a real buzz kill if truth be told...

Sorcha2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a few things actually. I plan on getting more corals, getting fish again, resetting up my 65g, keeping my 10g nano as a quarantine/observation tank. Oh and planning out my big cube build for when I move in a year or two:) I'm thinking either a 150 or 240g. I'm trying to plan out my coral and rock work set up for the 65 so that when I upgrade it will be easy to move and incorporate into a larger scape.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite a few things actually. I plan on getting more corals, getting fish again, resetting up my 65g, keeping my 10g nano as a quarantine/observation tank. Oh and planning out my big cube build for when I move in a year or two:) I'm thinking either a 150 or 240g. I'm trying to plan out my coral and rock work set up for the 65 so that when I upgrade it will be easy to move and incorporate into a larger scape.

You had me at big cube!

:D

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You had me at big cube!

:D

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2019 is speeding towards us like a algae bloom after your kid dumps a jar of fish food in your tank! :p I was hoping you all might share what things you have planned for your reef in 2019 and what excites you the most!

So what are your reefing plans for 2019?

Untitled-1.jpg

Who's tank is that?

I want more information!

Back