Your Best Liked Rock Cement, And Why ?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I used Nyos reef cement last time and liked it a lot. Very good for sculpting, relatively strong and the fast set time is an advantage but you have to be ready. The set time is like 90 seconds. And it can take a bit of practice to mix to the right consistency.

+1 here. Agree with all of your points. Few comments I would add

It also cures with a slightly more brown color where as others are more gray. The brown gives it a more natural look

It can also go into water once it cures, most others say to wait 12 hrs or some amount of time. I have always put it right in with no problems.

One disadvantage is the quick cure time of 5 minutes means that whatever you are mixing in likely needs to be cleaned/switched out with each batch. This can get annoying if doing a large setup.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my latest tank I used Quikrete hydraulic cement and fiberglass rods. No ill effects on water chemistry.

You must mix small batches at a time because it sets up quickly. Around 5mins working time. It's very strong. Let it cure overnight.

DSC_0082.JPG

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
same here. mine wasn't beautiful right away, but coralline seems to prefer growing on the cement to a lot of the rock. blends in quickly
In my latest tank I used Quikrete hydraulic cement and fiberglass rods. No ill effects on water chemistry.

You must mix small batches at a time because it sets up quickly. Around 5mins working time. It's very strong. Let it cure overnight.

DSC_0082.JPG

Jeight

Mumble
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used JB Weld for potable water and fiber glass rods cut from a driveway marker and superglue in the peg holes for this arch..its 2 pieces so it can be taken out of the tank without crushing anything.

IMG_1387.JPG

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back