Your best solutions to eliminate green hair algae .

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reducing nitrates and phosphates, scrubbing the rocks where GHA has grown, and adding a lot of snails has worked wonders for me.
These are all your non bottled options lol
20210921_081118.jpg

Upvote 0

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed less, more frequent water changes, manual removal of as much of it as possible. If you don't have coral yet, remove rocks one at a time and scrub with a little bit of peroxide, add more CUC, and accept the fact that you will probably always have at least a small amount no matter what you do.

Upvote 0

jt8791

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut the red and green lights off, turn whites down. Worst case add a pincushion urchin, turbo snails seem to help too. Not sure what else helps, other than manual removal followed by a water change. Just don’t overdo it and trade gha for dinos. A fuge seems to be handy to outcompete it too

Upvote 0

StewL6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawnmower Blenny, Astrea Snails, Turbo Snails. Emerald Crabs just because I like them and they do eat hair algae plus other algae. In that order.

Upvote 0

MNFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently started an algae scrubber 45 days and it seems to have stopped the spread outside of the scrubber at least inside the scrubber I am getting good gha growth as intended. Can't say yet it will stop it all together but so far the results are promising.

Upvote 0

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove fish, corals, water, etc. to a brute. Rocks…peroxide. Glass in tank…peroxide and scrape. You end up with a clean tank. Yes, I’ve done this more than once.

Upvote 0

DrEggroll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am battling right now. I turned my red and green off. Turned my whites down. All my turbos kept dying, got rid of most of my hermit crabs. Added an urchin. Manually removing as much as I can. Turkey basting the rocks. Have a yellow eyed mole tang and yellow tang ordered awaiting quarantine. Chaeto and protein skimmer been running. My phosphates have been undetectable and nitrates 2-5. I think my algae has been sucking up the nitrates

Upvote 0

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Turbos are not a Tropical Water Snail. I can keep them in my Reef during the Winter, but during the Summer Switch them over to my Macro Grow out tank.

Upvote 0

Marco9926

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATS!!!!!! Fight algae with algae!!!!!!
It’s in Italian, but….check this!
ATS Acquario Marino UPDATE#3

Upvote 0

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Kent Tech M (It's Mag additive) Bumped my Mag up to 1800 and GHA dissolved within 2 weeks.

Upvote 0
Back