Your Coral feeding recipe... And yeast

Discussion in 'Unique Corals' started by isaacalves, Mar 1, 2018.

1. isaacalves

isaacalves www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/ R2R Supporter

[​IMG]

I came across this write-up on reef builders where your team talks about the techniques and experimenting you do with food combinations.

Has your recipe evolved since this publication? Above is the screen shot from the article.

And, can you provide some details regarding the "yeast" that you use and feed? Your store items list yeast as a main feeding component. But the idea of yeast confuses me.

Cheers and looking forward to picking up a Pavona Coral from you guys. Just curious about the yeast diet.

- Isaac

HawaiianReef and dricc like this.
    Tags:

2. isaacalves

3. isaacalves

@uniquecorals is there a better way to find the answer to my question? I'm only asking because I'd like to purchase some corals from you, since I'm in California, and your shipping is a great deal, and I just want to try and replicate the diet you are already using.

thanks for any guidance.
    Isaac

dricc likes this.
  4. Bouncingsoul39

Bouncingsoul39 Well-Known Member

The yeast used is your normal instant active dry yeast you can easily buy at the grocery store. I use a small pinch once daily. I found out about this from a very successful SPS coral farmer near me. He said it works on the tank similar to carbon dosing and also feeds the corals and micro fauna. Also, why not try to call or send an email direct to UC instead of posting here?

dricc likes this.
  5. isaacalves

Thank you for the reply. This is interesting. Well, to your last point, this is a forum, and I would always presume that questions pertaining to general information might be of interest to others in a forum—And specifically, about how they feed the animals they are selling. It could be considered useful information and possibly bring them business(?).

6. Jam-reef

Jam-reef Member

UC must have a secret recipe i'm assuming?

Draft saved Draft deleted