Your favorite tank cover companies

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I diy a screen cover for my Red Sea reefer 350, i want to see what are other options out there besides the red Red Sea DIY kit.

I have heard there are several companies that custom make this fancy looking acrylic tops, can anyone tell me which company has the best pricing and turn over time. Thx

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found the price on the site, $225 for a cover, I can’t justify it. Maybe around 100-150 since the diy Home Depot style would costs me around $30, of course it’s no where it’s nice.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Clearviewlids. I hear you. Was in same situation. But in the end I wasted more money trying DIY than if I had spent the 200+ on the acrylic lids to begin with. (Yes, I suck at DIY:))

JC50g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the auqu gadget diy lid on my rimless and it worked great.

8E809F0E-2FDE-4B49-A991-0DB9B1B2C6C1.jpeg

codycolina707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I diy a screen cover for my Red Sea reefer 350, i want to see what are other options out there besides the red Red Sea DIY kit.

I have heard there are several companies that custom make this fancy looking acrylic tops, can anyone tell me which company has the best pricing and turn over time. Thx
better be a really nice lid for the prices some people are asking when i can make one for 10 bucks with stuff off amazon

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My 2 best options:
Octo Aquatics
and Clearview lids,
Clearview has non custom options so its easier to match it with ur AIO reefer

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update on this, I also have Red Sea Reefer 350 that I am thinking getting a lid and I am bad at Diy

Beau_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning that way. Just concerned about a 48" cover is going to be floppy. Plus feed doors...

But for $300+ I don't know how I feel about it.

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RSR 350 and a DIY screen I bought at BRS.

I’m not a fan. It’s flimsy and hard to manage. I always have to lift it to feed. I’ve had it just about a year and finally decided to bite the bullet and get a clear view lid. I have received it yet, wait time is about 2 months, but I’m hopeful it will be better.

OP
OP
F

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RSR 350 and a DIY screen I bought at BRS.

I’m not a fan. It’s flimsy and hard to manage. I always have to lift it to feed. I’ve had it just about a year and finally decided to bite the bullet and get a clear view lid. I have received it yet, wait time is about 2 months, but I’m hopeful it will be better.
I have heard DD jumpguard is better but the only down side to me is that the netting is too big. It comes with a roll of 1/4” netting but I prefer 1/8” so that the smaller fish like firefish won’t be carpet surfing dry style.

as for the clear view, how much was your total and what’s your layout as far as light mounts if you’d not mind sharing

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back