Your favourite Red Sea/Oman Natives?

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so, a few months ago we had a new country open to the hobby - Oman. With this, we’ve gotten an influx of new fish. I’ve recently set up a new tank for the rarer species (I want to keep lower on numbers of fish but rarer fish). So, let’s hear some of your favourites for a 3’x16”x1’ tank. P.S. This tank will be SPS heavy/only so I don’t mind fish that kay nip at LPS and Softies but would rather avoid fish that nip SPS unless I truly like them (For example the Multicolor Angel is on my list for the Indonesian/Pacific side).

Also, don’t just mention the fish! Give us some SPS and Inverts that you also like that are new to this hobby from the red sea :)

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a pretty blenny in an article on here not too long ago. Not sure what it is called. I forget. Lol
I’ve seen that blenny in person and they’re a beautiful species. Escenius pulcher - The Tiger Tail or Omani blenny. Definitely on my list but after having a rogue lineatus going for my SPS the Omani is rather low down.

kingoftheHiLLpeople

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve seen that blenny in person and they’re a beautiful species. Escenius pulcher - The Tiger Tail or Omani blenny. Definitely on my list but after having a rogue lineatus going for my SPS the Omani is rather low down.
Ah thank you for name! And a rogue lineatus!? Nooooo!!!

OP
OP
i cant think

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I've only seen the Oman clowns. I like the forked "lyre" tail. Pricey though.
Do you know if theyre aggressive? I’m trying to go for the rarer/uncommon fish and this is one I love just through the photos, I bet it’s even better in person.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if theyre aggressive? I’m trying to go for the rarer/uncommon fish and this is one I love just through the photos, I bet it’s even better in person.
I would say they are probably similar to bicinctus. More aggressive than percula but maybe less than a big tomato.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 138 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back