Your Oldest Piece of Equipment STILL IN USE?

OP
OP
ca1ore

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Iwaki pump has been running 24/7 since 1993. Most incredible piece of equipment I have ever seen!

That is impressive! My Iwaki 40 was retired after running continuously for 20 years ..... not because it failed, but because I figured it was about too. Apparently I was premature LOL. Rather makes the current rush to use DC pumps comical.

overclockwise

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this counts but I still run an Eheim canister on my planted tank that's over 25 years old (check out where it was made):
4bsk4oxv9omz.jpg

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My oldest piece of equipment is probably my diatom filters I have since the 60s. I have a few of them and I use them for parts to keep one working. I still use it.

I have 2 of these powerheads from, I am guessing the 80s. This is my surface skimmer.

My undergravel filter and tank are from 1979

I have no idea when I built my skimmer but that phone has been there since 1980 :eek:

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My oldest piece of equipment is probably my diatom filters I have since the 60s. I have a few of them and I use them for parts to keep one working. I still use it.

I have 2 of these powerheads from, I am guessing the 80s. This is my surface skimmer.

My undergravel filter and tank are from 1979

I have no idea when I built my skimmer but that phone has been there since 1980 :eek:

Hey Paul ... I was given a used Diatom Filter & what I found out is that the filter bag inside the acrylic/plastic chamber is ripped. My lfs can't locate anyone carrying the filter bag anywhere (in Canada/State side as well). Is there any other way to DIY this filter bag at all? Much thanks

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I DIYed that bag in the center of the picture. It is some kind of foamy stuff that I sewed into a bag. Any spongy material will work, eventually the power will coat it and it will filter. Your old bag you can probably sew with nylon thread. I do that a few times until they fall apart.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Euroreef skimmer circa 1992. Been running every day since I bought it new, only replaced the pump once.

stevieduk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a steel framed tank 30x12x12, built in the early 60 s, still with the original putty holding the glass. I siliconed all the glass joints inside and clear lacquered all the metal with inert resin, and the tank is now the sump on one of my display tanks

rcmike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua controller 3. Still works and I keep my systems simple so only need temp control, timers and pH monitoring (which I dont really monitor pH closely) functions. No desire to splurge on a $700 system.

Also i bought a used Mag 18 in 2006. Its still running a filtwr in my mother's ornamental Pond.

I just put my old AC3 on a clownfish breeding system. Still works for what that system needs. I actually had it on my koi pond for a while but got a used Apex Classic for the pond this spring.

JustSomeGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I thought I was doing something special having a ecotech gen 1 mp20 blue driver still running with no issues. Just had to change the wet side for the first time few or so months back.

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ehiem canister wet/dry filter since mid to late 90’s.
Ehiem 1260 since mid 80’s

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back