Your opinion!!! Best looking reef fish in our hobby.

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Probably one of the Angels, maybe queen angel?

Also, one of my favs that I don's see mentioned a lot. . .

barnacle blenny:
Panamic Barnacle Blenny - Blenny - Acanthemblemaria hancocki | Tank Facts

(not my image)

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd second the vote for Silver Belly Wrasse. The colouration is quite simple, but very eye catching. They're a beautiful shape, and the way they move, eyes always darting to and fro, they're a stunning fish. I love 'em. When my tank is sufficiently established I'll have a pair. I read that you can only keep them singly, but I had a pair years ago and they were always together.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd second the vote for Silver Belly Wrasse. The colouration is quite simple, but very eye catching. They're a beautiful shape, and the way they move, eyes always darting to and fro, they're a stunning fish. I love 'em. When my tank is sufficiently established I'll have a pair. I read that you can only keep them singly, but I had a pair years ago and they were always together.
The reason it’s recommended to keep pairs is all wrasses transition to male eventually in captivity. A pair of males is much more likely to end up fighting it out to the death (Much like two alpha males in dogs, there will never be two alpha males and if there is they’ll fight it out till one either backs down or dies).

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reason it’s recommended to keep pairs is all wrasses transition to male eventually in captivity. A pair of males is much more likely to end up fighting it out to the death (Much like two alpha males in dogs, there will never be two alpha males and if there is they’ll fight it out till one either backs down or dies).
Thanks. I'm often amazed at how much I don't know. Maybe I should forget the idea of a reef.

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember seeing my first juvenile and it was one of the most unusual fish I had ever seen. I totally agree!
In the late 1970s there was a nightclub in Leicester, England (the Fusion Nightclub) which had one of those in a huge tank above the bar. Probably not huge enough though.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s the fish to the left of your CBB? That’s a looker as well!
It’s a sunburst anthias (Far left) and a Velifer Sailfin Tang (Centre left)

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are way too many to list across all types. I wish I had a tank big enough... Oh wait... It's call the ocean. :) Gobies, blennies, mandarins, scorpionfish, frogfish, anglers, seahorses and pipefish all have a special place in my heart for their beauty (as odd as some of them are) but all of the ones listed here are for the win as well. :)

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me, it’s hard to beat angelfish. While butterflies, wrasses, some tangs, and many other families of fish have species that appeal to me and if not, appeal to others, when it comes to the overall aesthetics, nothing can beat angelfish for me.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have to agree with everyone here. So much great variety!

my secondary vote then would be a gemmatum tang. They have a very understated beauty
lg_Gem_Tang.jpg

This pic is courtesy of LiveAquaria
definitely not understated for their price point :face-with-tears-of-joy: . But I must agree one of the prettiest fish out there.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely not understated for their price point :face-with-tears-of-joy: . But I must agree one of the prettiest fish out there.
Definitely gotta agree here haha, Think I’d rather have an anampses wrasse with the same pattern but MUCH cheaper

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back