Your Reef St Patricks Day Live Sale Sat March 21st!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
YourReef

YourReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still answering emails. There is a lot! ;) If we have not gotten back to you and its an important question please dont hesitate to email us again or DM us here. Especially if your order is set to go out tomorrow.
Thank You,

John Dakan

OP
OP
YourReef

YourReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be finish catching up on emails a little bit later today. Sorry all hands on deck in order to get these orders out today. Thank you all so much for a great sale!

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All the corals I purchased during the live sale arrived alive and in great shape! Thanks again for putting on a great live sale @YourReef ! Will definitely shop again in the future based on the solid experience I had with you :D

anyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the phat lewt
1585103919668.png

1585103960333.png

1585103990720.png

OP
OP
YourReef

YourReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much everyone. This was one of the best Sales we have ever had. We really appreciate your Support!

OP
OP
YourReef

YourReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now.... I hate to post this but I have to. Been in business since 2004 and never had to post something like this.

As many of you know, we are a small Veteran-owned business that does everything possible to make people happy, including sending out free corals and/or refunds if we make a mistake. We also are not afraid to admit when we mess up an order, and we do our best to fix it and make sure every customer is 100% happy.

That being said, I wanted to share this situation with the community since we feel bad about it, and know our brand may be tarnished on Reef2Reef and most likely other sites if the customer holds to his threats.

We had a customer who spent close to $3,000 during our Live Sale. Pretty awesome, right? Great customer to have. Unfortunately, the day we went to ship his order, we realized that a clam he had ordered was sold twice on the site and had already been shipped out to another customer. Totally our fault. Even worse was that a $600 (sale price) TCK Master Torch he had ordered had been stolen from our store. We called him before shipping the rest of his order to offer a refund or replacements, as well as offering to throw in extras for free since this was all of our fault. When we spoke on the phone, he was very upset and refused all attempts to right the situation, including a refund plus free coral. We ended the conversation with him telling us he was very angry with us, was unsure of what to do and to not ship him any corals until he had come to a decision. Again, we apologized, admitted fault and again offered a refund. This was still not enough, as he wanted us to come up with the corals that were no longer available. A couple of days later, he sent us this email:

From Customer

So I'm still quite upset at the last minute notice of not getting my Master torch and clam. Things happen but if you had told me right away that would have been much better than waiting til the last minute and not asking how I wanted to proceed with my order. Please refund the amount I paid for those as that hasn't happened yet and I'd like the charges off my credit card bill.

I do really want the Acantho though (also bragging that your willing to sell it to other people for more isn't cool either. You're the one who listed it at that price and I bought it without trying to haggle you down or anything). I really don't like giving my money to places that don't appreciate my business.

My preference would be to keep the Acantho and have it shipped and cancel/refund everything else. You can ship it for arrival this Friday if that's better (because I know how you bemoaned how much the shipping was going to cost you).

If you're agreeable to this please let me know

Below is our email response back to him after giving a 100% refund:

From Your Reef:

We are terribly sorry that our site allowed the clam to be sold twice, and that the Master torch was stolen from our shop. It's understandable that you are upset and want to cancel your order. Its 100% our fault all the way around. We have refunded all your money. Although the refund has already been processed, it can take the refund a couple days to show up in your account.

Below is his most recent email, which was followed up with a phone call to one of our employees threatening to ruin our reputation the best he could:

From JB:

Did you not see the part where I explicitly said I still want the meat coral??????

JB

If you end up selling this to someone else I will be posting a scathing review of you online.

At this point, we can no longer do business with this customer. Threatening our business like this after giving a full refund is not acceptable. Not only this, but the attacking way he spoke to me on the phone and then later to one of my employees. Since when is a full refund not enough? A business can only apologize so many times and take so much abuse and threats before it’s time to try and walk away.

One, hopefully last email from us
Hi,
I refunded all your money because you were so angry with us for our mistake. I tried apologizing and admitting fault multiple times and that is all I can do. I have no intention of selling the Meat Coral to anyone after this. I just believe that angry customers should be apologized to and their money should be refunded. I was just trying to keep your business and let you know that it was a great Coral and a good deal. That was it. Once you got so angry I realized we should just say sorry again and give you back your money. We have been in business for a very long time and just want to keep things simple and friendly. I really don’t feel threatening us was deserved.

Sincerely,

John Dakan

anyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sucks about the master torch. you should get a pair like my wyoming white clownfish. those jerks will bite anyones hand the second you put it in the tank. great home defense

MCatano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please ignore typos and grammar. Just wanted / needed to get that out. :(
@YourReef I would like to chime in here. I have ordered from multiple live sales (I'm an addict lol) and this live sale was top 2 for sure. Prices were amazing, customer service was great the entire time and I had a blast. Things happen and you can only do your best to fix it which I believe you did your best.
I ordered a Cynarina from the live sale that never opened. I am guessing it got shaken up to much during delivery. (Side note, the packing was great and probably the best I have received.) Either way it doesn't look like it is going to make it. John has been in constant communication with me, talking care of the issues and is an awesome businessman. That guy spent $3k, I spent less then $250 and I feel John treated me like his favorite customer. Mind you this was my 1st order from him ever!

I will be a return customer for multiple reasons.
#1 Best dang customers service hands down!
#2 Beautiful corals
#3 Great prices

Again John, thank you very much.

Matthew

KatesReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@YourReef I would like to chime in here. I have ordered from multiple live sales (I'm an addict lol) and this live sale was top 2 for sure. Prices were amazing, customer service was great the entire time and I had a blast. Things happen and you can only do your best to fix it which I believe you did your best.
I ordered a Cynarina from the live sale that never opened. I am guessing it got shaken up to much during delivery. (Side note, the packing was great and probably the best I have received.) Either way it doesn't look like it is going to make it. John has been in constant communication with me, talking care of the issues and is an awesome businessman. That guy spent $3k, I spent less then $250 and I feel John treated me like his favorite customer. Mind you this was my 1st order from him ever!

I will be a return customer for multiple reasons.
#1 Best dang customers service hands down!
#2 Beautiful corals
#3 Great prices

Again John, thank you very much.

Matthew
I had a very similar experience. I spent right around what you did and a Favia I ordered didn't look good when I got. I snapped a picture and waited a couple of days but the flesh just kept receding so I took another picture. I emailed John with the two photos to see if he thought it might recover. He said it did not look good and put me down for a replacement no other questions asked.

Also, during the sale I really wanted one of the BTAs, but budget wise I couldn't swing it. I mentioned that and he dropped the price for me just a bit more so I could fit it in as I really wanted one other frag as well (I know, I want it all lol).

The situation he explained is a tough one and I can see why a customer would be upset, but all you can do is apologize and offer what options you have. I think John did the best he could with the circumstances.

Dave Cureton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
John you have cameras in the shop, right? If so put up video of the loser that stole from you. Someone local has to know who they are. Also I was in the shop yesterday to pick up my "pet essentials" and can tell everyone that the pictures don't do that Acantho any justice. It's gorgeous. I would buy it if I had the room. Hopefully you and the buyer can come to an agreement.

Killer Reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Live Sale was my second Live Sale ever and i left with 21 orders!

I had an issue with not receiving a RBTA and having a coral purchased first by somebody else. John was very helpful replacing the already purchased coral with another one and getting the RBTA shipped out asap.

Excellent and exceptional customer service from Your Reef. I will definitely recommend doing business with them and look forward to their next live sale.

OP
OP
YourReef

YourReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you.
We think we know who took it and working on going through other camera footage for a better angle. Its very time consuming and we have been super busy with other things thanks to all of you!

We still have a lot of Coral. So we will be doing an After Sale starting later tonight or tomorrow. So keep an eye out. We will post it here and in a new thread.
Thank you all again.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back