• Other (please explain)

Votes: 32 5.3%

• Total voters

wolfthefallen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am waiting for my tank to grow out, So it is at least clean. I just need to be patient while I wait to see what the corals do to determine if I have room to put other things in lol...

Finished.. never, I can't keep my hands out of the tank. I am thinking about moving from dosing alk and calc to a Calcium reactor. I just cannot decide if its worth it as I am only running a little 40g tank with sump maybe 55.

1596133612583.png

1596133721658.png

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is 7 years old but to me it’s rough because it’s a 45 gallon cube and I want a 125 like my step son has, but I can’t because of house restrictions it’s also time to to pull it apart and replace the stand

Thunderrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my 38gal tank, I have all the livestock that I wanted and it is full of corals now, it's not perfect by any means and I'm already planning my upgrade but being my first tank I'm hoping I got most of the noob mistakes out on it.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if it is both messy and well received????

I have 2 areas with tanks now and they are all nice and neat. The “fish barn” is all kinds of messed up lol. It will be cleaned out this weekend, as kids are not to be trusted to put things up neatly when asked. I can’t even get to my QT tank or my water for my frag tank inside the house. But at least inside the house is nice.

Here is the 180 I just setup that replaced a 90 and Jbj 45 that sat next to each other. All that remains is the floating shelf to hold/hide the lights.
8491F60D-B387-4761-A35C-0A1598162793.jpeg

Here is the “fish barn” (old mini barn that looks a lot better from the outside than the inside lol)

A790A313-D560-4B12-86C1-1FA447F5679C.jpeg

Martyd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion, a reef tank is always a work in progress. I do think I have mine to a point where I’m just making small tweaks, rather than major changes. Occasionally, I will move a coral or reposition a piece of rock, but the aquascape is for the most part, complete. That is of course, until I get my next brainstorm to make it better

SkiCatTX

Sustainable Reefkeeping
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is still al work in progress, but I'm hoping for it to be a Centerpiece for my office, but then there is reality. We'll see how clean it still is in a year or two...

D2D8EC40-020C-481D-B937-C7CA64328969_1_105_c.jpeg

This was just after I added water for the first time...

H3rm1tCr@b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly my tank looks kinda crappy at the moment, still battling dinos... but it is still pretty and overall the inhabitants are happy and healthy. For example, one of my three peppermint shrimp is extremely pregnant and about to explode! I do think my tank needs a lot of work though.

AKreefgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy with where my tank is, but it's got a lot of growing in to do and is a work in progress. It's been up for 2 years, but is not even close to grown in. I have taken it very slow with stocking corals and fish, and might be close to reaching my vision (but I reserve the right to purchase more corals to fill some gaps :) ". I am working on adjusting food and lighting to help improve color and growth and general happiness of the corals. Fish are also challenging, I don't want to overstock and am focusing on a variety of small fish to make the reef look larger and more to scale like in the wild, a new top would open up opportunities like fairy wrasses to add some color and fullness to the fish community.

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to do a water change today so ranking my tank as dirty.

There are a lot of factors including the shape of the tank, the glass lid, microbubbles, pistol shrimp sand storms...but I've always thought it looked dreary in there. Aside from my GSP, the colors are all soft and muted and it's just a bit blah.

Since it's just a glass box, I have way too much equipment displayed in my display. The clutter makes me nuts! All I see are cords and devices, not a home for fish and corals.

Moving to my new AIO, the goal is to be clean and better planned. Better rock placement to see my guys from all angles but still let them feel secure. Better coral placement so it looks somewhat natural but more controlled (would be nice to fit more than 4 corals). I want some color! Finally, I want it to be easier to maintain. Keep easy access to everything. And by doing all these things I hope I can give my fish the excellent home they deserve and then I will feel good about what I've done!

Terr-c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my tank to me is beautiful and a centerpiece; definitely unfinished! It is only 6 months old and I've just started adding corals, a piece every couple of weeks. I'm due for a new piece this weekend! ;Cat
Tank 7-30-2020-3.jpg

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I have buckets everywhere in my living room and storing critical pieces to care for it is a pain. I am however building a sump/fish room in the basement so I can organize my hobby better. My wife is a patient woman so I owe it to her to give her living room back to her... I don't like clutter either so we agree about my current upgrading solutions...

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back