Your Resident Electrician for all your electrical questions!

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' started by Young Frankenstein, May 12, 2012.

1. Paul B

Paul B Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor

A 12 volt car battery can kill you. Especially if it fell on your head. :rolleyes:

mcarroll, Brew12 and Ramasule like this.

2. Ramasule

Ramasule Well-Known Member

You will find electricians have licked one to many batteries.

3. Victoria M

Victoria M Well-Known Member

Hubby has agreed to run another 20 amp circuit to my fishroom, and I am trying to explain why I want 4 plugs that each have their own on/off switch. Am I being dumb? I would love to just flip a switch to turn on my pump to run water to my aquarium, flip a switch to circulate new saltwater, turn off my skimmer with a switch when I want to empty it. Everything else is no big deal. I could also do a dj switch power strip I guess but I can not figure out how to mount it all.

4. Ramasule

Ramasule Well-Known Member

If your husband is running another separate circuit I'm sure he can figure out how to frame in 12 2x2 to make a box to house that light switch :)

You're not being dumb, it's your stuff, maybe impracticable.

5. Victoria M

Umm, where is the emoji that blows razzberries. Impractical, Big huffy breath.

6. Floyd R Turbo

Floyd R Turbo Super Duper Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor Toys For Kids 2016 Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Uh oh, grammer police ;Spiderman

Better get used to it, comprehend what they mean and move along...just sayin, because I totally feel ya...I could correct people aaaaaaall day long on the internet.

7. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

What you are suggesting isn't difficult. My only concern is that it will make it too easy to turn on and off. I would be worried someone might flip a switch and turn equipment on and off inadvertently.

8. Victoria M

Nah, it is my fishroom. No one goes in there unless I make them. lol.

Brew12 likes this.
  9. Victoria M

a year from now I will have a thread that one of my kids flooded the basement by turning on a switch to my refill brutte! lol!

Brew12 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted