Your Resident Electrician for all your electrical questions!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help please...Any body know how to find a wiring diagram for the pan world 100PX-P ? I took the black cover off the plug harness area and I think the two red wires came out of a connector. I am a moron...
Thank you
Can you post a picture of what you are dealing with?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a picture of what you are dealing with?

IMG_3139.JPG

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the wires have come out of that push connector. This is why i Never EVER use those with stranded wire.
A Twist wire nut would be best to remedy this, I would remove those push connectors on the other wires and replace with Traditional wire nuts as well ..

Completely agree

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so do you think it came from the factory like with those or is this after market? It was a used pump.
Probably factory stock. They are very popular with manufacturers because they are quick and easy to install.

Erica-Renee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably factory stock. They are very popular with manufacturers because they are quick and easy to install.
Yes i am seeing them more and more. I cut some off a 900.00 RANGE HOOD two days ago for the exact same reason.. They call it "QUICK CONNECT" Feature.. lol

grrrrr

ohh and I am not a electrician by trade but am a General contractor ,We do mostly Home Renovations.

Finatik

FINatik about my Tanks !
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What could cause all T5's in a fixture to "flicker" really subtly when turned off? Two different ballasts. Bulbs fire and run correctly when they're actually turned on.

Could stray voltage cause this? and would that stray voltage be enough to get through the ballasts or would the it have to be a "leak" after the ballasts?

What kind of diagnostics can I run?

I'd appreciate any help I can get :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Gents, Looking for confirmation.

I want to install an exhaust fan wired to 2 different switches in parallel.

The idea is to control it either manually or by the sensor.

Switch #1 or similar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H3QQD64/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Switch #2 or similar

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0184PH9TM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, what do you think?

I would need to know more about how you want it to operate to know if this would work.

What could cause all T5's in a fixture to "flicker" really subtly when turned off? Two different ballasts. Bulbs fire and run correctly when they're actually turned on.

Could stray voltage cause this? and would that stray voltage be enough to get through the ballasts or would the it have to be a "leak" after the ballasts?

When is the last time you opened the fixture up to clean it? Especially in the area around the on/off switch?

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When is the last time you opened the fixture up to clean it? Especially in the area around the on/off switch?

The fixture is brand new, (consulting with manufacturer, ATI, via mail, but taking time and if I could find the problem it'd speed it up a bit) on off is controlled by computer/wifi, control box hasn't been opened.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK Gents, Looking for confirmation.

I want to install an exhaust fan wired to 2 different switches in parallel.

The idea is to control it either manually or by the sensor.

Switch #1 or similar.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00H3QQD64/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Switch #2 or similar

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0184PH9TM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So, what do you think?
I would think Leviton would have a white paper on the device, It should be provided and they have a excellent website.

Guessing a ballast is leaking (discharging) voltage or hot & neutral is swapped, all guess'ssss good luck last thought check grounding

blackizzz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guessing a ballast is leaking (discharging) voltage or hot & neutral is swapped, all guess'ssss good luck last thought check grounding

I'd buy the leaking ballast idea straight away if it only was 2 out of 4 bulbs that were flickering, but to have 2 ballasts with the same fault seems pretty unlikely? (although possible...)

If hot and neutral were swapped, would the bulbs/ballasts function properly when they're turned on?

I'll check grounding once I have time to open the fixture up completely to access the ballasts.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back