Your tank has got to have curb appeal!!!

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put a strip of electrical tape along the bottom of the glass to cover up the gravel against the glass. Do it carefully and you will never even notice that it is not part of the tank.
Nice move!!! You know even around our houses, there are these little projects that need done, but we get used to them being there and then ignore them. And we end up living with them for months or longer. Being creative like you were and achieving a long term solution like this is great. Again nice move!!!

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite dirt, but I do have about an inch or so of coraline algae along the bottom and corners of the tank (and covered on the sides which I SHOULD scrape off).

But I like it. Gives it a more 'authentic' feel and a nice frame. Visitors say they like the coraline and they always question what it is. I just keep it in check on the front of the glass and don't bother on the sides much.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not quite dirt, but I do have about an inch or so of coraline algae along the bottom and corners of the tank (and covered on the sides which I SHOULD scrape off).

But I like it. Gives it a more 'authentic' feel and a nice frame. Visitors say they like the coraline and they always question what it is. I just keep it in check on the front of the glass and don't bother on the sides much.
Agreed!!! As I’m sure you know, some who have bare bottom tanks encourage coralline algae in place of substrate. Congrats!!!

Back