Your walkthrough of the AI Nero 5 pump! | BRStv Spotlight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers!

While I wait for some results for some testing I'm doing on salt mixes, we thought we'd bring it back to the BRStv Spotlights to highlight the latest creation from AquaIllumination, the Nero 5. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice video!

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefers!

While I wait for some results for some testing I'm doing on salt mixes, we thought we'd bring it back to the BRStv Spotlights to highlight the latest creation from AquaIllumination, the Nero 5. :)

Can't believe u guys didn't have the problem like many of us who bought these pumps about weak inner - wet - magnet barely holding pump on 1/2" glass. AI appears to be aware of problem I sent them video's of it 2 months ago, but support keeps saying "engineering" is working on it. FYI check out thread on R2R - problem with new nero 5 pump.

robmiller2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my Nero 5 so far. Probably going to have to get another one when I upgrade tanks.

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my Nero 5 so far. Probably going to have to get another one when I upgrade tanks.
Do u have 1/2" thick glass and if so u have no problem with pump "moving" around when in pulse mode or just gently touching it or the power cord it falls off the wet magnet holding it? Then u are one of the few lucky ones. Did u checkout the thread "having problems with new nero 5 pump"?

robmiller2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No it’s only 6mm in my 15 gallon Waterbox so no issues right now. Upgrading to a 75 in a couple months, I may have issues then.

SKYHIGGh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one on my wish list right now ughhh. 300 is a lot though for me almost a big splurge, Although that’s based on perspective some people are rich.

I do want one over a mp10 for my tank

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with others that the magnet force on 1/2" glass is a bit of a bummer.

This is a great little mid range powerhead, less powerful than a MP40 and more than a MP10, way less powerful than a WAV, but for some setups like I'm doing with my tank (4) powerheads to randomize flow evenly is a bonus. I currently run (2) MP40's on pulse at 50% to create a standing wave, then (2) WAV on Rincon at 4%. The WAV's are really overkill for that extra random flow, but the corals love it.

I can see why the magnet is not as powerful as it should be due to its slim profile. It's possible that with a more powerful magnet, and the motor being that close to the glass, that a more powerful magnet may be a problem with interference with the motor itself.

The magnet isn't half bad when direct, but if you pivot the powerhead than its game over, thats for sure. I'm hoping with a few small modifications I can get it to work, because I'm really liking the slim design, the fact that its 24VDC and with a patch wire can be hooked up directly to a 24VDC APEX port. The bluetooth app needs a bit of work. Trying to use the sliders for pulse mode is ridiculous, they really should have a manual input or an up/down arrow for adjustment. Other than that its a pretty nice little pump. I'm hoping they make some adjustments the next go around.

Back